Player Watch #13 Clayton Oliver – UNPRECEDENTED 4 x B&F, 3 x AA, 2 x AFLCA Winner and Premiership Player

Remove this Banner Ad

That is correct ... HOWEVER! ... because averages are only shown to one decimal place, his average disposals are rounded up to be 30/game.

I also read today that he leads the league for loose ball gets, which apparently CD rates a lot higher because it generally represents a clean disposal at the end of it.

EDIT: Ah Ah Ah
Liked purely for the Ah Ah Ah

Yeah he got 3 weeks for shoving a bloke. Everyone in the media sooked about punching and the AFL over corrected it to the point where something thats not even worthy of a free kick game day is getting weeks. Problem is the AFL allowing the media to dictate the game.
Um, and the MRP being completely without clear process or transparency or integrity

Hard ball (gathering the ball under immediate physical pressure [guy in contact with you/hanging off you])
Dangerfield
Oliver
Kennedy
M.Crouch
T.Mitchell

Loose ball (gathering the ball without immediate physical pressure [small amount of space])
Oliver
Ablett
Neale
M. Crouch
Lyons

Ground ball (combines the two)
Oliver
Dangerfield
M. Crouch
Kennedy
T. Mitchell
Unprecedented.

Last edited:
30 disposals today, so missed out on the average of 30 by 1 disposal. Incredibly he never had less than 24 disposals across all 22 games. I wonder if that's ever happened before?

(EDIT: Tom Mitchell had at least 26 disposals in each game, and only collected less than 30 twice. o_O)

However, his 482 handballs for the year are a new AFL record since records began in 1965. He pipped Tom Mitchell to the record in the last round (Mitchell finished with 480, the second highest handball total of all time). In this case, literally unprecedented.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep the AFL made a mistake here. He carried our midfield this year. Probably didn't pick him because we missed finals in the end. I'm sure Clayton knows he is better than Seb Ross, despite what the afl might think.

This decision is unprecedented.

Who gives a **** really, individual awards are meaningless. Could not care less after yesterday.

Pretty sure I overheard Topkent telling you to "Piss off you salty flog" hahahahaaaa :p:D

2nd most contested possessions
4th most tackles
4th most clearances
5th most disposals

He should have been in the squad - that's a given. The stupid thing about it is the listed players have the stats that supposedly support their selection alongside their names, so how can a bloke with the stats above not be in AA midfield calculations?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back