Player Watch #13 Clayton Oliver – UNPRECEDENTED 4 x B&F, 3 x AA, 2 x AFLCA Winner and Premiership Player

Remove this Banner Ad

i seem to remember there was a knock on his kicking before he was drafted, but I haven't seen anything to worry about there. He weights his kicks nicely.
A bit quieter today, and might have to make way for Vince next week. Give him a rest, it's a long season.
A sign of our improvement. 3 years ago we'd be relying on this kid to get 25 touches every week.

There's resting players and then there's stifling them. Hungry 18 year old kid has proven he can match it, let him play until he's actually burnt out. Keep the fire in the belly.
See...I think he is burnt out. The 90 cap and all that. I would rest him completely this week, not even Casey.

See...I think he is burnt out. The 90 cap and all that. I would rest him completely this week, not even Casey.
Nah. Not burnt out. The kid is mad, MAD I tell you. They call him CRAZY MAD CLARRY. Or I do anyway. You'll know when he's burnt out because he will have stopped breathing.

Keep him in until he ceases being alive, I say. And we should bring in Trac while we're at it. Its like having an Aston Martin Vanquish and keeping it in the garage only to bring it out on Sundays to visit your mum in the next suburb.

Stats wise he was quiet compared to his first 3 games but he still did some very nice things.

The only reason I would drop him would be to give him a full game in the midfield at Casey.

Oliver can make a big impact from little disposals. Reckon from what Roos said post North game that he'll be rested soon. Could be this week but maybe depends on Trac. Roos almost rested pre North game and as he trained well on the Friday he didn't.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That GIF also needs to be added to the great Matt Jones debate. Look at him go on the outside - good positioning, good run.

If memory serves me right he finishes it off with a pin point pass to Frost on the lead 40 out.

I'd be apprehensive to leave him out of the side this weekend. Just think that Richmond midfield is ripe for a young lion like clarry to rip apart.

Week after v saints : out Oliver , in PetrAction-man

LOL just witnessed an even more epic candy-selling moment in the same game that went largely unnoticed..

At the 11.30 mark of the second quarter, Salem receives a handball from Gawn on the wing. He runs a few steps, then completely stops and turns to handball back to Gawn... Or at least that's what the surrounding filth players thought until they were shocked to find Salem sale the ball through into our forward fifty instead. Seriously missed it the first two times I watched the game but only noticed it this time cause the sound was up and the clearly impressed crowd noise came through.
Comettis' understated commentary of the moment is perfect - "Salem...............................fancy"

LOL just witnessed an even more epic candy-selling moment in the same game that went largely unnoticed..

At the 11.30 mark of the second quarter, Salem receives a handball from Gawn on the wing. He runs a few steps, then completely stops and turns to handball back to Gawn... Or at least that's what the surrounding filth players thought until they were shocked to find Salem sale the ball through into our forward fifty instead. Seriously missed it the first two times I watched the game but only noticed it this time cause the sound was up and the clearly impressed crowd noise came through.
Comettis' understated commentary of the moment is perfect - "Salem...............................fancy"
GIF or it didn't happen.

11:30 to go in the 2nd or 11:30 gone?

I remember the firmness in my pants when this happened.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back