Player Watch #13 Clayton Oliver – UNPRECEDENTED 4 x B&F, 3 x AA, 2 x AFLCA Winner and Premiership Player

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah the pace at which he can gather the footy below his knees is phenomenal
I have real confidence he can do what Cripps did last year, next year
He never kicks because he never finds the ball in space, probably been told to conserve his energy for the stoppages because he clearly doesn't have the energy to run around
Also his hands are insanely quick, he's better off distributing at the stoppage than rushing an option with a kick.

Parish will be a solid midfielder but yeah next year or the year after if Oliver explodes hopefully this one is put to rest.

Already played too many AFL games though (13)
Since Casey has a development team, there is no AFL game limit.

(g) Despite any other provision in Rule 20, where a Club does not field a Development League Team, an AFL listed Player must:

(i) qualify under Regulation 20(b); and

(ii) have played no more than 12 AFL Home and Away Matches,

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wouldn't surprise me. AFL Victoria does like to ignore their own guidelines
He can keep playing till the development team is knocked out
They will finish 2nd and will have a double chance if everything goes well they win the first final and play in the grand final in two weeks time which would allow Oliver to play the prelims then the grand final

Bumping this thread. Surprised that nobody has had a go for a few weeks.

Oliver is rapidly ascending to the coveted spot of my favourite Melbourne player. I was stunned with what he showed in his first NAB game in a blinding flash of spf 30 plus. No reason to go back on that, and his Best on Ground for Casey on Sunday was immense.

He is going to be very good indeed and I'm pretty excited about him already.

Bumping this thread. Surprised that nobody has had a go for a few weeks.

Oliver is rapidly ascending to the coveted spot of my favourite Melbourne player. I was stunned with what he showed in his first NAB game in a blinding flash of spf 30 plus. No reason to go back on that, and his Best on Ground for Casey on Sunday was immense.

He is going to be very good indeed and I'm pretty excited about him already.
I've taken my lovefest for Clarry outside of just his dedicated thread to be honest. Like a 14 year old with a boner, I find it hard to contain.

I've taken my lovefest for Clarry outside of just his dedicated thread to be honest. Like a 14 year old with a boner, I find it hard to contain.
It's both too much information yet at the same time perfectly understandable.

I'm a newer Dee's supporter - and AFL tragic - to most of you on the board. So I haven't yet had a player that I picked out at the beginning and followed. I think I've been waiting for one without realising it until now. And Clarry is my man. I am taking out reserve options on the Weed as my other guy though.

It's both too much information yet at the same time perfectly understandable.

I'm a newer Dee's supporter - and AFL tragic - to most of you on the board. So I haven't yet had a player that I picked out at the beginning and followed. I think I've been waiting for one without realising it until now. And Clarry is my man. I am taking out reserve options on the Weed as my other guy though.
Dom Tyson is my current one.

My last was James Strauss. It was a fleeting but exhilarating ride.

Dom Tyson is my current one.

My last was James Strauss. It was a fleeting but exhilarating ride.

In the past my favourite tag has end up being the 'kiss of death' on a player. Just a couple of examples:

Jeff Farmer
Rod Keogh
Darren Cuthbertson
Sean Charles
Martin Pike
Stephen Tingay
Glenn Lovett
David Schwartz

I've got to the point that I'm afraid to label anyone with the tag :(

Remove this Banner Ad

Back