Player Watch #13 Clayton Oliver – UNPRECEDENTED 4 x B&F, 3 x AA, 2 x AFLCA Winner and Premiership Player

Remove this Banner Ad

According to Ralph he blew under point 0.05, so probably had one beer with dinner and jumped in the car. bit silly but nothing to hang him over. Definitely shouldn't miss any games for that.

I know DD is wrong, but i want to get a general feel from you.

If you found out a Ro Bail or Matt Jones (or your favorite whipping boy, or bottom of the list guy) got done fot DD i wonder how lienient we would have been?
Like I understand Clarry is apart of our blueprint for the future, But that doesnt justify what happen.

(Were not tolerating DD).

I'd say the general tone of this thread is he should probably miss round 1? I suggested 3 games but 1 would probably be fair.

Also some food for thought.

bf8e1ed542d8ed9e732b040ac50612a4.png

Also some food for thought.

bf8e1ed542d8ed9e732b040ac50612a4.png

Couldn't stick a pension card between them... Only things I see are the things I already knew... Clarry gets more inside ball, and as such has less kicks and more handpasses. And because he's more inside lays more tackles. Down side is more clangers and less overall possies.

I feel like we need to wait 3 years for Clarry to build a tank, and Parish to build some size. I imagine they will probably meet somewhere in the middle, with Parish having more silk coming through a pack, and Oliver more grunt bashing through it.

Couldn't stick a pension card between them... Only things I see are the things I already knew... Clarry gets more inside ball, and as such has less kicks and more handpasses. And because he's more inside lays more tackles. Down side is more clangers and less overall possies.

I feel like we need to wait 3 years for Clarry to build a tank, and Parish to build some size. I imagine they will probably meet somewhere in the middle, with Parish having more silk coming through a pack, and Oliver more grunt bashing through it.

Josh J Kennedy nearly won the grand final on his own for the swans, Parish could well be a brilliant regular season player but when the heats on in September I'm hoping Oliver will be as good as anyone

Parish is a neat player, will be good for a long time but you can't be an elite mid without being one of the best inside ball winners in the competition.

Oliver can be that, Parish won't be.

Parish is a neat player, will be good for a long time but you can't be an elite mid without being one of the best inside ball winners in the competition.

Oliver can be that, Parish won't be.

Truck will be before Parish

Oliver needs to miss a few games. We need to build a culture where being a dickhead isn't acceptable. He'll learn far more from sitting on the sidelines for a few weeks than he will by being given a talking to and a slap on the wrist. He's 18 and needs to know to keep his nose clean - perhaps literally. Got no issue with drug use is the rumours are true, each to their own, but the club has put in enough work that we need to really let this culture set. Excusing Oliver - which I am positive we won't do - would be akin to condoning his actions. One slight DUI, no issue. Letting him know that its not a huge deal, which even excusing the social issues for a moment it still is due to media attention etc, would be a mistake and is the kind of s**t Worsfold's Eagles pulled in their quest for success. We'll miss him, but its just a chance for another guy who is busting his guts to get a chance, like ANB.

Some young dickhead might've seen him come out of a dunny after a line or two and decided to take it to big footy because that is his greatest contribution on this earth. It's like the blokes that get butterflies in their stomache when they stand next to a footballer in a public place then come on here to post that he's a good bloke / full of himself as an assessment of character by proximity.
Everyone one on this big footy thing could probably benefit from a better hobby but some people are just pathetic.
As long as the bad behaviours don't develop into a pattern of bad habits.
People also forget just how much of a fiery blood nut the guy is. His head burned out several pixels on my plasma this season. The gingers always go a bit harder when they are young. He will grow out of that silly s**t.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Let's not pretend that Oliver is so good that our midfield is significantly diminished without him in it. Not that it should even matter. He should get the same punishment that the next player on our list to get delisted would, which would be a suspension.

Let's not pretend that Oliver is so good that our midfield is significantly diminished without him in it. Not that it should even matter. He should get the same punishment that the next player on our list to get delisted would, which would be a suspension.

I think he will be an absolute gun but you're right in that we can cover him, he plays a position we have the most depth in across the list.

Personally, I thought even this year, with him only playing limited minutes, our midfield was significantly better with him in it. Like Hawthorn with Luke Hodge, punishment to make a point and an example shouldn't effect winning a game of footy, and we'll need our best team available come Round 1, which he is well and truly in.

I think he will be an absolute gun but you're right in that we can cover him, he plays a position we have the most depth in across the list.
He will be a gun, he's potential best in the league good IMO. But for now we can cover him.

Personally, I thought even this year, with him only playing limited minutes, our midfield was significantly better with him in it. Like Hawthorn with Luke Hodge, punishment to make a point and an example shouldn't effect winning a game of footy, and we'll need our best team available come Round 1, which he is well and truly in.
I don't think Hodge's punishment made a point at all. I can't even remember what it was. I don't want him to miss games but I think that's better than him receiving special treatment when say Liam Hulett or ANB would be suspended for the same thing.

He will be a gun, he's potential best in the league good IMO. But for now we can cover him.

I don't think Hodge's punishment made a point at all. I can't even remember what it was. I don't want him to miss games but I think that's better than him receiving special treatment when say Liam Hulett or ANB would be suspended for the same thing.

I don't think he will ever be best in the league good
Doesn't have the acceleration of Ablett/Judd/Danger which set them above the rest
Could reach the levels of a Mitchell/Kennedy etc
Needs to be as good as Cripps or Libba first though

I don't think he will ever be best in the league good
Doesn't have the acceleration of Ablett/Judd/Danger which set them above the rest
Could reach the levels of a Mitchell/Kennedy etc
Needs to be as good as Cripps or Libba first though

Although in Clarrys debut Healey made the point that His Draft Camp attributes were similar to that of Dane Swan. (In terms of his Speed, agility, acceleration ect)

Although in Clarrys debut Healey made the point that His Draft Camp attributes were similar to that of Dane Swan. (In terms of his Speed, agility, acceleration ect)

Those guys have no idea about anything they just guess.. from the eye Olivers skill set is nothing like swan at all
Swans an aerobic animal, Olivers an inside player

Remove this Banner Ad

Back