Player Watch #13 Clayton Oliver – UNPRECEDENTED 4 x B&F, 3 x AA, 2 x AFLCA Winner and Premiership Player

Remove this Banner Ad

Loss v GWS showed how totally reliant the team is on Oliver dominating.
Tend to agree with this. Of course we are better when Oliver is playing well but when he’s having a down game it’s all on Petracca. Viney should be the 3rd string but is too injured and doesn’t do it often enough. Jordan and Sparrow still developing and unknown. Feels one short for a great midfield.

Our midfield kinda sucks. In the last few years the dogs have added Treloar, Smith, Dunkley. We've added Langdon and Jordan.

If Trac was to get injured I'm not sure a midfield of Oliver, Harmes, Viney and Jordan strikes fear into anyone in the league.
If Bont gets injured, Mcrae, libba, Dunkley, Treloar and Smith aren't gonna put the fear in either.

Currently watching eagles with Yeo, Redden, Kelly, Sheed, Shuey (literally all been all Australians bar Shuey) getting destroyed without gaff.

The same west coast everyone has already written us off as a loss to.

If Bont gets injured, Mcrae, libba, Dunkley, Treloar and Smith aren't gonna put the fear in either.

Currently watching eagles with Yeo, Redden, Kelly, Sheed, Shuey (literally all been all Australians bar Shuey) getting destroyed without gaff.

I have ****ed this post up royally.

Sheed and Reddan not AA, Shuey squad Nom/norm Smith.

You left out Hunter.
Dogs mids s**t all over ours.

You left out Hunter.
Dogs mids sh*t all over ours.
I'm not saying they don't, I'm just saying their midfield is far from scary without Bont.

Hunter has been bog ordinary this year pushed out to the wing to fit in Treloar. He's only come good with him out injured.

I'm not saying they don't, I'm just saying their midfield is far from scary without Bont.

Hunter has been bog ordinary this year pushed out to the wing to fit in Treloar. He's only come good with him out injured.
It shits on ours mate. Libba is better than Viney. MacRae better than Jordan. Smith better than Harmes. Hunter and Langdon a wash with Langdon having a better year. Bont better than Trac. Oliver beats Dunkley that's about it.

Our midfield has risen to the challenge in every crunch game we've had against top 8 teams this year.

Every team/player has down games. Bont practically lost the Dogs the game against Geelong a few weeks ago with his set shot miss 20 metres out directly in front in the last quarter and was nowhere to be seen against us when we beat them.

I'm not saying the Dogs midfield isn't better than ours, it arguably is. But lining players up against each other and doing a > or < isn't really how footy works.

Our pressure was nowhere against the Giants for most of the game. Trac has been so good without the ball this year, I'll back him and the midfield group to turn it around against Port.

Bayley Smith? His kicking has been very poor this year.

Bailey, Schmutté . Haven't watched enough of them this year to know, but every game I've seemed to watch of them he's 10x better than what we have.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bayley Smith? His kicking has been very poor this year.
Odd how the self-proclaimed 'voices of reason' of this board are actually the most reactionary!

Smith has had a shocking year based off what was expected. If he wore red and blue, people here would be demanding he be dropped.

against Essendon Clayton played his 100th consecutive game, 3rd highest current streak in the league. Last missed a game round 23 2016.
Thats excellent. 100 consecutive games.

You'd think he would have learnt by now, not to hand the ball back to the opposition so frequently. He must be our worst for putting our other mids and defenders under the pump, with his midfield turnovers.

Oli, cut out the headless pirouettes you keep making, and give the effing first option.
Stop burning our players who are presenting to you.

This season, Darcy Parish has gone ahead of Oli as the better player of the two, for his fine ball use and decision making.

Mate even without Bont their mids are far superior then ours. They have a great blend of outside and inside while we are stacked with inside mids alone.
Ed Langdone is the only outside mid we have and that's it. We are having to rely on another inside mid in Brayshaw to play wing because the club had zero plan B when we missed out on Isaac Smith. Brayhsaw has been good, but he doesn't hurt sides like the listed names below do and clubs barely pay any attention to him.

Hunter, Smith, Treloar and Mcrae are all damaging outside as much inside.

Odd how the self-proclaimed 'voices of reason' of this board are actually the most reactionary!

Smith has had a shocking year based off what was expected. If he wore red and blue, people here would be demanding he be dropped.

Yes Tulip & Schmutté, don't be so reactionary to one year of poor performance.. ;)

Mate even without Bont their mids are far superior then ours. They have a great blend of outside and inside while we are stacked with inside mids alone.
Ed Langdone is the only outside mid we have and that's it. We are having to rely on another inside mid in Brayshaw to play wing because the club had zero plan B when we missed out on Isaac Smith. Brayhsaw has been good, but he doesn't hurt sides like the listed names below do and clubs barely pay any attention to him.

Hunter, Smith, Treloar and Mcrae are all damaging outside as much inside.
I.

Am.

Not.

Comparing.

Ours.

To.

Theirs.

It shits on ours mate. Libba is better than Viney. MacRae better than Jordan. Smith better than Harmes. Hunter and Langdon a wash with Langdon having a better year. Bont better than Trac. Oliver beats Dunkley that's about it.
Cheer up, Kent. Let’s see that big happy smile

Remove this Banner Ad

Back