Player Watch #13 Clayton Oliver – UNPRECEDENTED 4 x B&F, 3 x AA, 2 x AFLCA Winner and Premiership Player

Remove this Banner Ad

Jul 22, 2013
AFL Club
Carlton
Oliver's flaws are greatly exaggerated, if you're relying on him for pin point execution by foot a club shouldn't be interested in him in the first place. He's excellent at what he does.

Strangely enough, that's pretty much what I said.

I'd love to have Oliver, but he's not the greatest type-need for Carlton. And I wouldn't swap him for McKay, no way. I think few clubs would.

Strangely enough, that's pretty much what I said.

I'd love to have Oliver, but he's not the greatest type-need for Carlton. And I wouldn't swap him for McKay, no way. I think few clubs would.

What you're struggling to understand, strangely enough, is that your club is interested in him, apparently.

Melbourne isn't looking to flog him off. Your opinion of what is a need is invalid.

Jul 22, 2013
AFL Club
Carlton
What you're struggling to understand, strangely enough, is that your club is interested in him, apparently.

Melbourne isn't looking to flog him off. Your opinion of what is a need is invalid.

So what are Carlton offering him if we are allegedly so eager?

Certain folk had DeGoey already in the door even over the past few days.

Every Club is "interested in" players of Oliver's calibre. Especially when news of uneasiness between player and Club leaks out.

But I believe that time will show that this trade period we are considerably more "interested in" somebody else.

Every Club is "interested in" players of Oliver's calibre. Especially when news of uneasiness between player and Club leaks out.

But I believe that time will show that this trade period we are considerably more "interested in" somebody else.

Jesus Christ. I'm done trying to explain the simplest things to you. You're a lost cause.

Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets

You're a dumb campaigner mate, gotta be said.

Why are you on the Melbourne board Clayton Oliver page if Carlton aren’t eager? Melbourne aren’t shopping him around so why are you here?

You ask what is Carlton offering? Well what is the uneasiness between Oliver and Melbourne?

Why are you here?

Jul 22, 2013
AFL Club
Carlton
Why are you on the Melbourne board Clayton Oliver page if Carlton aren’t eager? Melbourne aren’t shopping him around so why are you here?

You ask what is Carlton offering? Well what is the uneasiness between Oliver and Melbourne?

Why are you here?

I thought I was here to have a civil conversation on a subject of mutual interest arising from significant public chatter.

Probably shoulda known better.

Why are you on the Melbourne board Clayton Oliver page If Carlton isn’t interested because Melbourne aren’t shopping him around.

You say what are Carlton offering. What is this uneasiness between Oliver and Melbourne you mention?

I thought I was here to have a civil conversation on a subject of mutual interest arising from significant public chatter.

Probably shoulda known better.
I get that it's a topic of interest, but all the chatter has been speculation, without anything concrete to go off, even if it's from an apparent 'ITK'.

Naturally people will call bullshit until something actually comes out from a club/player/manager. It's that time of year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No one with contacts on this board, or in the media, have heard of any issues between Oliver and the club... and they've asked. This has totally sprung out of Carlton "ITKs" spruiking his great desire to join Carlton, presumably because he likes the smell of what you're cooking, which itself seems to have come out Sam Edmund alleging that he didn't look at the B 'n' F, even though Sam Edmund wasn't even there.

Then you come onto our board and want us to chill out and shoot the breeze about how Harry McKay is soooo much more valuable then Clayton Oliver... :drunk:

jhong

Old man yelling at clouds
Apr 18, 2011
Wonthaggi
AFL Club
Melbourne
Apparently max was on SEN yesterday and said Oliver going nowhere . Said Oliver had some issues but was nowhere near requesting a trade . I didn’t hear the interview but that seems the take. Also no mention of what “issues “ meant but wouldn’t surprise if running into vineys head too often was one of them

Last edited:
Jul 22, 2013
AFL Club
Carlton
No one with contacts on this board, or in the media, have heard of any issues between Oliver and the club... and they've asked. This has totally sprung out of Carlton "ITKs" spruiking his great desire to join Carlton, presumably because he likes the smell of what you're cooking, which itself seems to have come out Sam Edmund alleging that he didn't look at the B 'n' F, even though Sam Edmund wasn't even there.

Then you come onto our board and want us to chill out and shoot the breeze about how Harry McKay is soooo much more valuable then Clayton Oliver... :drunk:

Whatever. Nothing to see here, if you insist.

And I didn't say Harry McKay was better or more valuable. I said I wouldn't include him in a trade for Oliver, and definitely not with a top 10 on top. He's a rare type, of which there are ever only a handful at a given time. I would suggest that there is not a Club in the league who'd make that trade.

I know you have been around long enough to recall a time when Carlton traded a raw young power forward with 20 odd games for 10 goals under his belt (plus steak knives) for the best midfielder in the game - in fact the best player of his generation.

There's quite a few people who didn't take long to form the opinion that trade was a mistake. And Mckay is better than Kennedy was, by a long way.

thedank

All Australian
Mar 2, 2019
Meth City
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
West Perth
Apparently max was on SEN yesterday and said Oliver going nowhere . Said Oliver had some issues but was nowhere near requesting a trade . I didn’t hear the interview but that seems the take. Also no mention of what “issues “ meant but wouldn’t surprise if running into vineys head too often was one of them
I heard the same from Max on 360 last night, not exactly concrete evidence but enough for me to not stress about it. Disappointing to hear that he's chucking a bit of a sad for not playing finals, if only he had some way to influence the teams ability to play finals :rolleyes:

Marc_Remillard

Maderator
Jan 4, 2015
AFL Club
Melbourne
View attachment 992780
View attachment 992781
View attachment 992782

These are some of the posts he put forward this time last year.
It's always just a case of putting forward the state of play. Things change and no one is a seer.

For all we know Olivers' management may be playing us for ulterior motives. Who knows?

And all that was being reported in the media, looks like he just repeats what gets reported and then gets hailed as a hero on the visy board

Back