Player Watch #13 Clayton Oliver – UNPRECEDENTED 4 x B&F, 3 x AA, 2 x AFLCA Winner and Premiership Player

Remove this Banner Ad

Haven't posted in here in ages
Carlton fans are still banging on them getting Clayton Oliver and I don't believe it for a second.
Their trade suggestions are beyond ridiculous. If they really wanted Oliver they'd give up two of McKay/Curnow/Walsh/Kennedy.
Make it worth it for us. We don't want pick 7 for what? to on trade for Lachie Hunter or Wines? why don't you trade for them?

Going on to an oppo board and telling them how they should value their players is the pinnacle of stupid.
You think we have some sort of ability to influence trades you banana.
Pinnacle of stupid could be interpreting my comment as valuing Oliver at all......when I was merely expressing how Carlton might view Harry’s importance to them and clearly referencing how he might be valued.

Anyway was discussing scenarios around the trade rumour one of your posters put up..... you took your eyes off the ball and played the man.....

Can’t just go trading away key forwards about to hit their prime years for SFA whilst they are contracted, it is not just what they are worth talent wise that matters, also need to consider a few other things like importance to list or structure on field and lack of options in that position etc
Don't Carlton have an array of great KPF's? that seems to be the rhetoric coming from some of your supporters

Don't Carlton have an array of great KPF's? that seems to be the rhetoric coming from some of your supporters
Not coming from me, Casboult only a year or 2 left, Curnow can’t get on the park and McGovern can’t produce consistently or get continuity and may be tried as a defender.

I think the most likely structure going forward would be Harry at CHF and Curnow at FF and McGovern fits around them or plays back.

The club would off load McGovern before Harry if they got a chance IMO but no one will take on the full contract.

He's full of sh*t, obviously just some internet loser who tries to make himself look like he's 'itk' lol

It took me about 2 and a half minutes to prove it but let's take a closer look at the posts that HARKER quoted.

First, the Pittonet one. The bullshitter made his post on the 12th of October, but it was already widely discussed in the media, the below article is from the 9th of October. Hell, there was already a thread on the Carlton board about it,

Now let's take a closer look at the Paply prediction.

This is what the bullshitter posted on the 9th of October:

and then this on the 2nd of Oct...

But this info was all in the media at the time, that was the general consensus. But then when the deal started to cool off the bullshitter had to cover his arse so he came up with this pearler:

Then the deal completely fell apart so bullshitter is backpedaling at a rate of knots to salvage any sort of pathetic reputation that he has:

What a load of shiite

ITK?

View attachment 994047

topkent's prediction in last years draft carries more weight than this pretender. I looked through some of his other crap, he throws a lot of darts on topics that are already been discussed in the media, then when it goes south for him he backtracks at a million miles an hour with more bullshit.

Just to clarify this, barass70 is always spot on with Carlton info...as in his source is clearly someone high up at Carlton.

Thing is, situations change and even Carlton employees could get things wrong...eg even SOS could have thought Papley would get done for whatever reason at one stage...from talking to Papley's manager and Sydney...but then maybe Sydney turned it down once Essendon held firm on Daniher. You might think this is an excuse any random poster can make, but he has an impeccable record over many years where it's clear he's got a contact high up within Carlton. But goes to show with trades nothing is certain...Carlton truly were confident of getting Papley and Shiel, but neither ended up happening.

There are other posters on our board who post rumours but have no track records or poor ones and they aren't taken seriously.

And the rumours on Oliver from our actual reputable posters have only said Oliver has indicated he'd be open to joining us, but admit it's unlikely to happen due to Melbourne not trading him or rightfully demanding a lot that we aren't prepared to give. No one has said 'Oliver will be at Carlton' next year or that Oliver hates Melbourne and wants out...all indications are he'd happily play for Melbourne next year if a deal doesn't eventuate, like Gibbs for us a few years back after he didn't get to Adelaide the first time.

Just to clarify this, barass70 is always spot on with Carlton info...as in his source is clearly someone high up at Carlton.
Big deal. I'm Coach Goodwin's side-bitch and he told me Oliver is staying so * off.

Thing is, situations change and even Carlton employees could get things wrong...eg even SOS could have thought Papley would get done for whatever reason at one stage...from talking to Papley's manager and Sydney...but then maybe Sydney turned it down once Essendon held firm on Daniher. You might think this is an excuse any random poster can make, but he has an impeccable record over many years where it's clear he's got a contact high up within Carlton. But goes to show with trades nothing is certain...Carlton truly were confident of getting Papley and Shiel, but neither ended up happening.

There are other posters on our board who post rumours but have no track records or poor ones and they aren't taken seriously.

And the rumours on Oliver from our actual reputable posters have only said Oliver has indicated he'd be open to joining us, but admit it's unlikely to happen due to Melbourne not trading him or rightfully demanding a lot that we aren't prepared to give. No one has said 'Oliver will be at Carlton' next year or that Oliver hates Melbourne and wants out...all indications are he'd happily play for Melbourne next year if a deal doesn't eventuate, like Gibbs for us a few years back after he didn't get to Adelaide the first time.

He's always spot on except when he isn't and his excuse is that things change when he's wrong

riiiiight

He's full of s**t, if you choose to believe him then good for you kid

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just checked Barass70's posting history.

Can confirm he's never been wrong except for that time he said Carlton would draft Serong, or that Papley would join the Blues, or that SOS would stay at the Blues (until he changed his mind and said he wouldn't), or that time he said Bolton would coach out the season less than a month before he got the arse, or that the reason Scully got a 4th round pick from the Hawks was not because of a salary dump but because his "body was cooked"

I've got a better strike rate with my "mail" and I literally make all of it up.

What a dickhead.

So is everyone who believes him.

hi guys, carlton supporter here coming in peace

do you guys reckon casboult would bolster your tall forward stocks? him and brown would be a great combination for a few years while jackson et al develop! would him and a future first get it done or do u reckon we'd have to do a pick swap as well?

our itks are very knowledgable even though the recruiting department has changed multiple times over the past few years and they make statements like 'we're interested in pittonet and he might come' when that was announced on the afl site a day earlier.

anyway, cheers guys, good luck in 2021

do you guys reckon casboult would bolster your tall forward stocks? him and brown would be a great combination for a few years while jackson et al develop! would him and a future first get it done or do u reckon we'd have to do a pick swap as well?

our itks are very knowledgable even though the recruiting department has changed multiple times over the past few years and they make statements like 'we're interested in pittonet and he might come' when that was announced on the afl site a day earlier.

Pretty good. Probably needed Jackson spelled as Jacksons or Jaxon to really sell it.

I'm sensing a bit of trouble for Carlton come the end of 2021 season. Can't see how they can carry four inside mids in Cripps, Oliver, Kennedy and Curnow. Could be a good opportunity for Melbourne to swoop in and grab a badly needed inside mid
Hopefully the oldest and slowest.

I’d imagine we’d have to throw in Petracca to make that a fair trade 🥴

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Just checked Barass70's posting history.

Can confirm he's never been wrong except for that time he said Carlton would draft Serong, or that Papley would join the Blues, or that SOS would stay at the Blues (until he changed his mind and said he wouldn't), or that time he said Bolton would coach out the season less than a month before he got the arse, or that the reason Scully got a 4th round pick from the Hawks was not because of a salary dump but because his "body was cooked"

I've got a better strike rate with my "mail" and I literally make all of it up.

What a dickhead.

So is everyone who believes him.
Why are you so angry? Go for a walk :rolleyes:
Oliver is still a Melbourne player, you do know these are all rumours and innuendo on an opinion based forum...

Last edited:
Why are you so angry? Go for a walk :rolleyes:
Oliver is still a Melbourne player, you do know these are all rumours and innuendo on an opinion based forum...
I think the anger is that this self-fellatory Carlton dillusion is creeping away from that asylum you call the Carlton board and leaking outside the containment zone.

But it seems like the messianic saviour complex extends to Carlton posters as well!

It's weird how teams don't tag much anymore, Chris Scott must be licking his lips watching clarry deal with a tag. Not only could he not handle it he lost his cool and gave away silly free kicks.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back