Player Watch #13 Clayton Oliver – UNPRECEDENTED 4 x B&F, 3 x AA, 2 x AFLCA Winner and Premiership Player

Remove this Banner Ad

I usually get draft stuff way off because I know nothing about it, but I did really want a Petracca/Brayshaw/Miller trio in that draft because I read somewhere that they were friends.

Thanks for reading.
Thanks for posting.

Mate

As a new community leader I'm gonna need you to apologise for mating headless. We need to show respect around these parts champ.
My sincere apologies, Headless

Now that this is out of the way, can you please run me through how you are a community leader again?

Pretty amazing to think Oliver is 25 years old.

Neale Daniher Trophy: 2022
AFL premiership player: 2021
2x AFLCA Champion Player of the Year Award: 2021, 2022
2x All-Australian team: 2018, 2021 (and you would think 3x after this evening)
3× Keith 'Bluey' Truscott Medallist: 2017, 2019, 2021 (probably 4x after this season?)
3× 22under22 team: 2017, 2018, 2019
Harold Ball Memorial Trophy: 2017
Frank 'Checker' Hughes Medal: 2022
Lou Richards Medal: 2021
AFLCA Best Young Player Award: 2017
AFL Rising Star nominee: 2016
Morrish Medal: 2015
Bizarrely good CV.

I chose my guy well back in 2015 draft.

I am but hes won awards and that before, Miller hadn't received much recognition playing for such a bad team his whole career. And I just love his story and how hes become a gun, from tagger, to club captain and gun ball winner who shows up every week for his team.

Love players who get to the top when never expected to do so. Never would have guessed Miller would be the player he is today in his first season.
There is an old thread on the drafts board from about 2012 claiming he will be the number 1 pick in 2014

Now that thread starter has a good eye for talent

(Log in to remove this ad.)

#13 Clayton Oliver - 3x AA, 2x AFL Coaches Award, 1x Personality Award - Dee 4 Lyfe!

Thread title update please

I think he may just be one of those that gets really nervous and doesn't enjoy public speaking.
I saw him on the Dyl and Friends podcast once. He’s never going to be John F Kennedy, but in a relaxed setting he can chat away without referring to the four squares of anything

Remove this Banner Ad

Back