Player Watch #13: Darcy Tucker

Remove this Banner Ad

Tucker confirms Bombers interest before choosing Roos​

North Melbourne recruit Darcy Tucker confirmed he had interest from multiple clubs, including Essendon, before settling on the Kangaroos.

Tucker and Griffin Logue were traded to North as part of a deal agreed on Tuesday.

After playing 108 games for the Dockers, Tucker said there was interest from other clubs, with the 25-year-old speaking to the Kangaroos and Bombers.

"I know there was probably about four or five clubs that had some real interest when my manager put the feelers out, but a few of them clubs had a lot of other trade targets as well so it didn't really eventuate," he told AFL.com.au's Sarah Olle and Josh Gabelich on Continental Tyres AFL Trade Radio.

"I did speak to North Melbourne and Essendon so they were the two clubs that it sort of came down to at the end and all the talks with North progressed pretty quickly.

"I was really impressed with the way they went about it so they showed the faith in me and I want to show the faith in them as well."

North Melbourne recruit Darcy Tucker confirmed he had interest from multiple clubs, including Essendon, before settling on the Kangaroos.

Tucker and Griffin Logue were traded to North as part of a deal agreed on Tuesday.

After playing 108 games for the Dockers, Tucker said there was interest from other clubs, with the 25-year-old speaking to the Kangaroos and Bombers.

"I know there was probably about four or five clubs that had some real interest when my manager put the feelers out, but a few of them clubs had a lot of other trade targets as well so it didn't really eventuate," he told AFL.com.au's Sarah Olle and Josh Gabelich on Continental Tyres AFL Trade Radio.

"I did speak to North Melbourne and Essendon so they were the two clubs that it sort of came down to at the end and all the talks with North progressed pretty quickly.

"I was really impressed with the way they went about it so they showed the faith in me and I want to show the faith in them as well."

Choosing us over Essendon is really good way to get fans on side early.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Could be a bit of a sleeper pickup ole Nasty Tucker. Really happy with this acquisition.

Me too (not metoo). I never tracked him closely but both pre-draft and then in snippets during his AFL career have always felt he looked a good quality player.

Strong, quick, skillful and disciplined. Comes across well in interviews too. May or may not work out but in theory good target well suited to our list.

Can we post this on the *essendon site?

Swans got all the way into the GF with someone like Clarke, a hard working kid we let go and he was more effective for them than some big name players.

Our problem with Scott was he filled the side with workers and we lacked star power, but you need solidly built hard workers who will just go all game. I think we wanted him regardless if Logue was coming or not. We have a lot of good young talent in our side but they go missing, a lot, they are young and inexperienced, putting too many of them around the ball with the style Noble wanted and the physical conditioning has been a recipe for disaster.

I am happy to see him here and hope he fits in well and can adapt quickly, most mature players take a year or so before they click with a new system and teammates but I hope it is a quick transition.
Since we have a new and new game plan, hopefully adapt as quickly as the rest of the team.

Must say I am impressed with how he handled himself in his interviews, he spoke very well and sounds like a positive guy. Good to have you on board Darcy.

Solid pick up, never really pieced it all together for Freo but was looking very good before injury a couple of seasons ago.

Beautiful left foot, knows where the goals are and can run for days (I actually thought he'd make a good Acres replacement). Can play inside and out, but would be interesting to see how he goes in the guts as he's a pretty decent size and has the tank to go hard all game.

Biggest knock on him is his thinking time and decision making. Often slowed the game too much when in possession, but some of that could have been him being used all over the place impacting his instictive game. I personally think he'll do best as an attacking mid with license to have a crack from outside 50. Plis his i50 delivery from advanced positions was usually spot on if I recall, which that position would suit.

Always did his best for us, hope he gets a run at it and does well for you.

On SM-G955F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Solid pick up, never really pieced it all together for Freo but was looking very good before injury a couple of seasons ago.

Beautiful left foot, knows where the goals are and can run for days (I actually thought he'd make a good Acres replacement). Can play inside and out, but would be interesting to see how he goes in the guts as he's a pretty decent size and has the tank to go hard all game.

Biggest knock on him is his thinking time and decision making. Often slowed the game too much when in possession, but some of that could have been him being used all over the place impacting his instictive game. I personally think he'll do best as an attacking mid with license to have a crack from outside 50. Plis his i50 delivery from advanced positions was usually spot on if I recall, which that position would suit.

^^this is actually a spot on description of Benny Jacobs when he came to us.

When we played Melbourne this year Clayton Oliver had a field day and we had nobody to run with him. Can Darcy fill that role if he can run all day and looks to have the physique to match it with a player like Oliver?

When we played Melbourne this year Clayton Oliver had a field day and we had nobody to run with him. Can Darcy fill that role if he can run all day and looks to have the physique to match it with a player like Oliver?
Never seen him in a purely negatory role, but I couldn't see why not. I suspect Oliver would come out on top but he'd do enough to keep him honest.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back