Past #13: David Trotter - selected w/ #9 in '03 ND - 7 games in 4 games - delisted end '07

Remove this Banner Ad

frucking funny that is.

The just goes to show how some players become pet loves and posters become blind. Trotter was shyte, is shyte and for ever will be. Half decent seconds players and nothing else. And if the reason: He was played out of position, is thrown up then right back at you for Ed.

Nah, I reckon Ed is being played in the right position. The seconds.

frucking funny that is.

The just goes to show how some players become pet loves and posters become blind. Trotter was shyte, is shyte and for ever will be. Half decent seconds players and nothing else. And if the reason: He was played out of position, is thrown up then right back at you for Ed.

I am with you. I like Ed.

Mods.

This isn't on, I reckon the concept of irony has hacked mav's account.

Can we look into this? Check IP's?

Exactly what I was going to post back.

Also, I never had a love for Trotter, just stating that Trotter>Sansbury, AFL list or not, 5 goals on Cooney or not, dodgy hamstrings or not. The reasoning is not due to the 'greatness' of Trotter, but rather to the 'crapness' of Sansbury.

Exactly what I was going to post back.

Also, I never had a love for Trotter, just stating that Trotter>Sansbury, AFL list or not, 5 goals on Cooney or not, dodgy hamstrings or not. The reasoning is not due to the 'greatness' of Trotter, but rather to the 'crapness' of Sansbury.
Agreed.

That and I knew I'd get a rise out of mav.

Mods.

Fruck me dead. You've actually caught on, finally. Now maybe you'll open your eyes. I admitted Eddie was not good enough in his last game but you actually said Thommo was Excellent on the weekend.

Trotter's route to the Captaincy of NMFC should be interesting from here... ;)

Mods.

The IP in question is registered to a Ms. A. Morissette.

Hope this helps.

He was.

Hence the irony in your moronic and continual anti Thompson posts.

less than 10 possies and most of those where rubbish. He made bad decisions. Thats enough to warrent a bagging for anyone else.

He might be the best we've got at the moment but is nothing more than average and won't take us to a GF. If Watt, Brown and Power can be bagged game after game then so to can some one as average as Tommo.

less than 10 possies and most of those where rubbish. He made bad decisions. Thats enough to warrent a bagging for anyone else.

He might be the best we've got at the moment but is nothing more than average and won't take us to a GF. If Watt, Brown and Power can be bagged game after game then so to can some one as average as Tommo.
Pfft.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

On track for 55 goals. Terrible.
I reckon we should adopt the Eagle's forward set up to get even more out of Thommo. They had Lynch and the FP start in the square with the other forwards all outside 50 at the centre bounce. If the ball comes in quickly, the FF has more space and less opposition to contend with. We're crowding him too much imo.

I reckon we should adopt the Eagle's forward set up to get even more out of Thommo. They had Lynch and the FP start in the square with the other forwards all outside 50 at the centre bounce. If the ball comes in quickly, the FF has more space and less opposition to contend with. We're crowding him too much imo.
Agree. Thommo at 100% fitness, with a good midfield, in an open 50m arc is a prospect that should even get mav salivating.

currently has players from 10 different teams above him. 10/16 would be below average would it not? In 2006 he finished with players from 11 different teams above him. This would also be below average would it not?

50 odd goals from your key forward is not great and will not win us a premiership. But feel free to accept mediocrity in some players and not others.

currently has players from 10 different teams above him. 10/16 would be below average would it not? In 2006 he finished with players from 11 different teams above him. This would also be below average would it not?

50 odd goals from your key forward is not great and will not win us a premiership. But feel free to accept mediocrity in some players and not others.
Eddie Sansbury Board.

Surely your posts are a pisstake? Surely?

Yep, Average. :rolleyes:

The funny thing is that he is on target to beat his best of 54 in 06.

Even funnier when you think that he still hasn't really looked like he is anywhere near his full capacity. I don't blame Thommo for this at all, an over-crowded forward line and poor inside 50 delivery (as aforementioned) are to blame IMO.

I'm with Mav, clearly we have better options that Thompson as full forward.
Edwards for example, why isn't he playing? It's an outrage and I blame the coach.
Brown, he kicked six in a match once, surely that's his standard moreso than the other 180-odd largely ineffective games he's played? Why won't the coach just give him a go at AFL level?
Sansbury, kicked five on Cooney once, surely he knows where the goals are?
Goldstein, surely a future hall of famer could be eased into the side in a key forward role?
Hutchinson, surely a big lump of a lad like that, good on both feet, is a readymade key forward, I don't understand why we never hear much of him?
And what about Chad Jones, athletic, quick, why don't we give him a chance?
As a last resort, Brent LeCras is quite good the lead, couldn't he do the job?

In summary, Mav has lost the plot.

I'm with Mav, clearly we have better options that Thompson as full forward.
Edwards for example, why isn't he playing? It's an outrage and I blame the coach.
Brown, he kicked six in a match once, surely that's his standard moreso than the other 180-odd largely ineffective games he's played? Why won't the coach just give him a go at AFL level?
Sansbury, kicked five on Cooney once, surely he knows where the goals are?
Goldstein, surely a future hall of famer could be eased into the side in a key forward role?
Hutchinson, surely a big lump of a lad like that, good on both feet, is a readymade key forward, I don't understand why we never hear much of him?
And what about Chad Jones, athletic, quick, why don't we give him a chance?
As a last resort, Brent LeCras is quite good the lead, couldn't he do the job?

In summary, Mav has lost the plot.

:p:thumbsu:

Even funnier when you think that he still hasn't really looked like he is anywhere near his full capacity. I don't blame Thommo for this at all, an over-crowded forward line and poor inside 50 delivery (as aforementioned) are to blame IMO.

Yep. Thommo would have been licking his lips thinking back to last season with the way the ball was delivered into the forward line. Seems Thommo hasn't got much luck with these things.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back