5 years of 1st round draft picks may be all out the door soon? -
2015 1st round pick: traded for Treloar -
2016 1st: traded for Treloar -
2017 1st: picked Stephenson at #6 -
2018 1st: traded for Beams -
2019 1st: traded for Beams
2013 was Scharenberg (just gone too)
The gift that keeps on giving...😘

That’s right he’wasnt the next in line for a midfield spot , Rossy was emerg for the gf team rightfully so
The great end to the year by Graham, the emergence of Ross and a few others.

And Higgo knows George, Naish and Rioli have him easily for pace and Aarts will play like a rabid animal if he must.

Reckon Snags just saw the writing on the wall and pondered with his heart and hip pocket too ....and decided his boyhood team was in his best interests, and the Tigers would hold the door a little ajar for him.

Still love him. :heartssuit:

Goodbye Jack. I'll always like you and your weird personality.

Good little player and could have been a good Richmond man. We got OK but not great compo for all we did in taking and keeping you. Hope your career in the Saints is good. I'll smile when I see you, except when playing the mighty Tigers.

Now I hope pick 7 is a top end KPF that replaces JR and makes your loss insignificant.

Bye

His legacy at our club will be different to Butler.

Butler will be a club man, a team player, who bought in. He snapped a beauty to kick the sealer against the Giants in 2017 PF - the banana to end Benny into tears.

Higgins? All talk and a couple of good goals but no better than Andy Collins who went to Carlton.

Feel like a broken record but the abuse aimed at Higgins is childish. Can't fault a guy for looking out for himself.

I genuinely never liked the guy, always considered him to be unlikable and was told early on that Baker was the better player (both drafted at same time, playing the same position) yet Higgins walked into the team and Baker took a little longer to be given a go. I hated how he would often celebrate a goal before it had gone through the sticks and even celebrated a point doing this against Collingwood in round 2, there was also the goal he kicked last year against Blues in Round 1 where he slotted in from the boundary after Butler had chased down Fisher, I think had any other Richmond player taken the advantage and kicked a goal the first thing they would have done is turned to the guy who did the chasing but for Higgins it was all about him. The 'Richmond man' is an overrated concept and I do think he is talented enough to not have to be the perfect team mate and that people would overlook his personality but he isn't the type of guy (character) we are going to miss. I think we will potentially be left kicking ourselves when he does reach his potential and I don't believe the deal we got for him reflects his ability but we can afford to lose him based on his current level and his 200-250k salary can help ease this years cap.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't like bagging players but he was never a first 22 in my book.
No great loss.
The problem for Higgins is a player like Kamdyn stepped up this year and seized the opportunity.
Kam did the gruelling hard yards, did altitude training in the USA in the off season, and was a revelation.
They slid Kam a bit higher this year, kicked a brilliant goal in the finals.
Funny that we won the semi and grand final by the same margin, 31 points, only a one point differential in the scores.

Last edited:
The kid wanted to go so be it.We supported him through his illness and instead of buckling down work harder breake in our best 22 took the easy and weake option for me must have had little believe he could get in the side not the richmond way.

Moved up 4 picks and gained saints second rd 2021 I'm not convinced saints will do as well as this season to might be a good pick.

The Saints are due a woodenspoon. It’s written in their DNA.

Montagna just said Higgins has blistering pace. :astonished:
don't think he did say that...sure, I can't be absolutely 100% certain, didn't watch the WHOLE show...but he said:

"at speed"
"Higgo's got speed"
"St.Kilda wants speed"

so saying Higgo's got speed is still a bit of a streeeeeetch...but he never said "blistering pace".

ppl with Kayo can watch and verify.

:speakerthree:

Feel like a broken record but the abuse aimed at Higgins is childish. Can't fault a guy for looking out for himself.

I genuinely never liked the guy, always considered him to be unlikable and was told early on that Baker was the better player (both drafted at same time, playing the same position) yet Higgins walked into the team and Baker took a little longer to be given a go. I hated how he would often celebrate a goal before it had gone through the sticks and even celebrated a point doing this against Collingwood in round 2, there was also the goal he kicked last year against Blues in Round 1 where he slotted in from the boundary after Butler had chased down Fisher, I think had any other Richmond player taken the advantage and kicked a goal the first thing they would have done is turned to the guy who did the chasing but for Higgins it was all about him. The 'Richmond man' is an overrated concept and I do think he is talented enough to not have to be the perfect team mate and that people would overlook his personality but he isn't the type of guy (character) we are going to miss. I think we will potentially be left kicking ourselves when he does reach his potential and I don't believe the deal we got for him reflects his ability but we can afford to lose him based on his current level and his 200-250k salary can help ease this years cap.

Most people here genuinely liked higgins and feel betrayed and that fair enough dude also, this is a place we can vent a little. You may feel like it's childish but on a deeper level everyone feels the same and just feels disappointed in him. Some express it differently.

St. Kilda poached him while still under contract.

Loved you Higgo,why?

Richmond once again showing class and letting you go to play for your boyhood club.

Best wishes but will miss you.

2021. would have been a big year for you at Tigerland but I have faith with pick 17,my club will unearth another star so all good.

Last edited:
don't think he did say that...sure, I can't be absolutely 100% certain, didn't watch the WHOLE show...but he said:

"at speed"
"Higgo's got speed"
"St.Kilda wants speed"

so saying Higgo's got speed is still a bit of a streeeeeetch...but he never said "blistering pace".

ppl with Kayo can watch and verify.

:speakerthree:

Montagna is a muppet.

Was Higgins named emergency in our finals/GF side? From memory don’t think he was. Regardless of that I reckon he’d slipped down the pecking order. His 2020 performances were meh, don’t think he showed enough as a small forward to even displace an underperforming Castagna and Rioli, and imo will never make it as a mid.
I think the club didn’t necessarily try too hard to retain him while certainly not pushing him out the door.
Our young mids will definitely get more game time next year and guys like Bolton and Shedda will possibly play more forward time.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back