Vilnius
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
TASMANIAN DEBILS!!!
So what’s the difference?
Good question campaigner
:):think:
Has got a touch of the CEllis'ism...he knows the game just needs to demonstrate a tad more earnestness/zip, kick it to me, in his game play...
To be fair, not sure whether he was playing to Coaches instructions in his last few senior games...

Aug 30, 2011
kensington
AFL Club
Richmond
Good question campaigner
:):think:
Has got a touch of the CEllis'ism...he knows the game just needs to demonstrate a tad more earnestness/zip, kick it to me, in his game play...
To be fair, not sure whether he was playing to Coaches instructions in his last few senior games...

I don’t think a coach ever says run around on the wing and when you touch it, which will be rarely, run at half pace and dispose of it as far away from contact as possible.

He could learn a lot from RCD or watching rugby league. Using the his pace to eat up as much space as possible, put doubt in the defender with some lateral movement and run hard at a gap and free his hands for handball. The timid way he plays won’t cut it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dec 28, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond 2019 Premiers
Just bored at night and looking for some useless information to occupy my time and come across some interesting stats

Did you guys know
Leigh Mathews was only 178cm and 86 kgs
Greg Williams was 176cm 88kgs
Bob Skilton 171cm 76kgs
Ted (E.J) Whitten 176cm 77kgs
Sam Mitchell 180cm 84kgs
Ron Barassi 179 83kgs
Barry Cable 168cm 74kgs
Kevin Bartlett 177cm 72kgs

Thats 8 of the best centerman / midfielder / players in the history of the game
all around the same height as Higgins.

This kid had a fantastic start to his career , Hope he continues and really becomes the best possible player he can and looking at this kid , He wont leave a stone unturned

We have a beauty here.

Oct 6, 2004
Richmond
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
United, KV Mechelen
Just bored at night and looking for some useless information to occupy my time and come across some interesting stats

Did you guys know
Bob Skilton 171cm 76kgs
Sam Mitchell 180cm 84kgs
Ron Barassi 179 83kgs
Barry Cable 168cm 74kgs

This kid had a fantastic start to his career , Hope he continues and really becomes the best possible player he can and looking at this kid , He wont leave a stone unturned

We have a beauty here.

and don't ever forget the Flea. 170cm 69kg. legend

Nov 29, 2016
The Wall
AFL Club
Richmond

Did you guys know
Bob Skilton 171cm 76kgs
Sam Mitchell 180cm 84kgs
Ron Barassi 179 83kgs
Barry Cable 168cm 74kgs

We have a beauty here.
Ben Cousins at 179 and 78 too, he's definitely not "too small" for AFL.

Did you guys know
Bob Skilton 171cm 76kgs
Sam Mitchell 180cm 84kgs
Ron Barassi 179 83kgs
Barry Cable 168cm 74kgs

We have a beauty here.

I never understood that sentiments that someone would be too small or tall for that matter

It goes along with recruiting strategies that clubs used a lot in the early to mid 2000’s where they would draft players who were deemed to be better athletes over skill and footy iq

Some of the best players in the comps history were overlooked because of x or y Stevie J is one that comes straight to mind

Moore can play the Caddy role , He is faster and bigger than Caddy so nothing really changes the dynamic's of the game plan if Caddy was to play midfield the foward setup will remain the same.

HF: Butler - Riewoldt - Rioli
FF: Moore - Lynch - Higgins/Castagna

Moore into Caddy's role
Lynch into Townsend role
Only problem is Caddy is a ten times better kick for goal. That’ll be the undoing of Moore if he doesn’t sort it out.

Apr 27, 2014
The Funny Farm Lakes Entrance
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
The Fanboi Farters
Bartlett and Harvey were both around 177cm and they both went on to play 400 plus games. The key with their survival was footy smarts , speed and skills lasted to their very last game and they both could have played on if it wasn’t for the challenging situations their clubs were faced with. I would love Higgins to model his game on these two blokes as he’s displayed some similarities in his game.

Dec 28, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond 2019 Premiers
I remember speaking with a friend prior to the 2017 draft and talking about which players we would like etc
The name higgins come up and the champion data stats and i mentioned to my mate (carlton supporter) I would love for this kid to be available at our selection but he would probably be gone prior and mat said why would you want higgins with all the little fowards we already had.

My answer was i dont believe he will be a small foward but more a midfielder and could see him average 25 touches a game at the highest level and his reply was - Dude your delusional the mids these days are all getting bigger and stronger and only the very very elite like sam mitchell will be considered to be any good as a full time mid. Mate still doesnt believe Higgins will reach this level but im getting more confident with my prediction these days

Hope im right

The game has and always will have little blokes who play in the middle. The good ones all have two facets that stand out above the obvious skill, pace etc.
Toughness and resilience and the early signs are good.
Bartlett and Harvey are both considered by former teammates as the toughest players they played with something not always recognized by us fans who just watch and see the brilliant things they do.

Only problem is Caddy is a ten times better kick for goal. That’ll be the undoing of Moore if he doesn’t sort it out.

And he’s 5 times better mark than Cal.
Problem is that Cal isn’t AFL quality so no point comparing a vfl standard guy with one who is borderline aa standard....

May 17, 2004
Punt Rd ‘17? ‘19?
AFL Club
Richmond

Attachments

• 9BB148B2-2494-41CA-A34B-42515F7FC8DD.jpeg
    9BB148B2-2494-41CA-A34B-42515F7FC8DD.jpeg
    61.8 KB · Views: 377
Last edited:
May 17, 2004
Punt Rd ‘17? ‘19?
AFL Club
Richmond
Higgo reactions are absolutely razor sharp , look at his highlights reel , that intercept in the QF , goal of the year , it’s blink of the eye stuff , you just can’t teach , wanna see him add some dash to his game in 2019 and carry the ball , I expect we will see it with his confidence at the level

JAKLAUGHING

🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆
Nov 20, 2008
Vilnius
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
TASMANIAN DEBILS!!!
Higgo reactions are absolutely razor sharp , look at his highlights reel , that intercept in the QF , goal of the year , it’s blink of the eye stuff , you just can’t teach , wanna see him add some dash to his game in 2019 and carry the ball , I expect we will see it with his confidence at the level
Just rewatched his highlights package...we have a good un here!

Back