Past #13: Jared Polec - delisted end '21 - redrafted w/ #1 in '21 RD - re-delisted end '22 - 42 NM games/20 NM goals

I remember thinking at the time that GWS would fail and GC would succeed because GC got Gary Jr. and the best GWS could manage was Tom Scully. Turned out to be basically the opposite, GWS were able to build a much better culture with a solid leadership group that weren't necessarily the best players in the competition, but knew how to lead a group of young men. Probably weren't religious weirdos either.

Getting Gary Jr. seems like a complete mistake in hindsight. They appear to have been more concerned with attracting an audience in the extremely short term than building something that could stand the test of time, same deal with Karmichael Hunt. And it's honestly hard to see them turning it around. I could see the AFL just giving up and handing their license to Southport or something.
That sort of thing is symptomatic of the Gold Coast imo.

The Gold Coast' culture is more concerned with appearances than depth. Its a shallow place and if you climb up Mt Warning and look at it it seems like a very short term thing as well.

Apr 1, 2008
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Liverpool, Raiders, GSW, QPR, NYM
WTF was that?

Has he had an operation on his right shoulder? Get that front arm up boy, and point it at the target.

The worst throwing action since Tom Cruise threw Goose’s dog tags off the back of an aircraft carrier.

teethmeetsflesh

Cancelled
Oct 28, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
WTF was that?

Has he had an operation on his right shoulder? Get that front arm up boy, and point it at the target.

Omfg leave the poor c*nt alone - I can't recall a north player who has copped as much sh*t for merely existing. We all get it - he hasn't lived up to the expectation of his prior performance nor the wage he is on, but in all fairness the club has actually been a complete mess since the year he joined and I can understand why any player in his position would be despondent.

Omfg leave the poor c*nt alone - I can't recall a north player who has copped as much sh*t for merely existing. We all get it - he hasn't lived up to the expectation of his prior performance nor the wage he is on, but in all fairness the club has actually been a complete mess since the year he joined and I can understand why any player in his position would be despondent.
Any Australia’s that throws like that deserves all the s**t in the world. I don’t know what is more embarrassing, the throw or the fact his partner posted it.

Themanbun

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 19, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne

I've been a Polec defender and rate him.

The custard arm stuff is just ribbing.

SonofSamsquanch

Enjoy decent coffee but don't dunk yer biscuits
Mar 31, 2016
Victoria
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I've been a Polec defender and rate him.

The custard arm stuff is just ribbing.
I had the same thought, then I realised that I throw the same (with my left arm).

In my defence, that shoulder has dislocated so many times over the years and I never had any surgery to get it fixed.

Le Grille

Cancelled
Veteran 10k Posts Werewolf Player SFA Good Friday Appeal North Melbourne - 2018 Luke Davies-Uniacke and Paul Ahern Player Sponsor BeanCoiNFT Investor North Melbourne - 2017 Junker and Wagner Player Sponsor Podcaster Zombie Lover A Star Wars Fan
Feb 14, 2005
AFL Club
North Melbourne
The worst throwing action since Tom Cruise threw Goose’s dog tags off the back of an aircraft carrier.
* I’m in tears thinking about goose . I loved that man

Le Grille

Cancelled
Veteran 10k Posts Werewolf Player SFA Good Friday Appeal North Melbourne - 2018 Luke Davies-Uniacke and Paul Ahern Player Sponsor BeanCoiNFT Investor North Melbourne - 2017 Junker and Wagner Player Sponsor Podcaster Zombie Lover A Star Wars Fan
Feb 14, 2005
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I can only assume he's one of those weirdos who kicks left/throws right and he's throwing with his left for a laugh. Cos nobody with any athletic ability at all throws like that.
I’m one of the right handed left footed weirdos. I’d thank you for not vilifying us

Ether

Club Legend
Oct 21, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I can only assume he's one of those weirdos who kicks left/throws right and he's throwing with his left for a laugh. Cos nobody with any athletic ability at all throws like that.
Must be. It does look sh*thouse but so do i when i throw with my off arm.

+1 Left hand right foot.
To complicate it, bowl right arm, throw left.
Left hand thrower, left foot kick and write left handed, but bat and bowl right handed. Can’t bowl left handed with any control.

Back