Past #13: Jared Polec - delisted end '21 - redrafted w/ #1 in '21 RD - re-delisted end '22 - 42 NM games/20 NM goals

Remove this Banner Ad

It just wont happen

Of course just spitballing.

We can pay him out whenever

Or maybe I’m not getting your question

He's got 2 years to run on his contract. So was talking about putting him off the list for 2022 then rookie listing him for 2023 (or vice versa).

Basically cop the salary cap hit in one of the seasons but open up a spot.

Of course just spitballing.

He's got 2 years to run on his contract. So was talking about putting him off the list for 2022 then rookie listing him for 2023 (or vice versa).

Basically cop the salary cap hit in one of the seasons but open up a spot.
Nah can’t do that
But we can pay him out end of next year to open up a spot shouldn’t be on much in his final year after front ending

I'm actually of the other view on Polec and will look with some real interest next year to see how he responds. No one wanted him (unlike Greenwood) when we delisted him. We offered to pay some of his wages and no takers. He seems like a bloke who has attitude and likes the idea of being a very good footballer or at least better than most. Now, he will realise that he's on his last legs and he needs to show something now or his career will finish within 2 years. He has the skills so I'm hoping we may have picked up another new "recruit" like Aaron Hall turned his career on it's head.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's gonna prove you all wrong. All of you. The people that like him and the people that hate him.
How so Filth? I know he is polarising - a lot of people seem to have taken to hating him for reasons that have never been publicly substantiated, while others have seen his capability thwarted by crazy coaching assignments or lazy upfield players who didn't make breaks (something that a lot of North's defensive transitions have suffered from over recent years).

The haters are always going to hate, but what do you see that would turn opinions of those who can still see an upside to having him in the team? Age?

I'm not ready to write him off just yet. He was a poor fit in a rebuilding side, but he obviously has the talent so now it's all about keeping him healthy and finding the right spot for him.

Hopefully this serves as a wake up call for him and he can end up being 2022s version of Aaron Hall.

How so Filth? I know he is polarising - a lot of people seem to have taken to hating him for reasons that have never been publicly substantiated, while others have seen his capability thwarted by crazy coaching assignments or lazy upfield players who didn't make breaks (something that a lot of North's defensive transitions have suffered from over recent years).

The haters are always going to hate, but what do you see that would turn opinions of those who can still see an upside to having him in the team? Age?

Just tongue in cheek mate, pushing for the ridiculous.

I'm not fussed about Polec. He was cursed to be the whipping boy the second he walked in the club because at the moment he's being paid a lot to be unfashionable. We know there's a good player in there, I back Noble to find a role for him like he did Hall last year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back