Past #13: Jared Polec - delisted end '21 - redrafted w/ #1 in '21 RD - re-delisted end '22 - 42 NM games/20 NM goals

Remove this Banner Ad

A pretty animated one and a not happy Rhyce by the look of things

The body language fits just as well with multiple scenarios.

Polly saying "my ankle's rooted are you seriously putting me back out there?"

Polly saying "come on coach do I really have to sit here for 4 minutes when I could be out helping the team?"

Polly saying "Do I have to follow him everywhere, even if he drags me to the goal square?"

They all fit!

Any lip readers here? I'd love to know what that conversation was between him and Rhyce on the bench.

Good pickup thought there might be more discussion of this.

Think the boys might now get to see the 'other side' of good bloke Rhyce.

His pride had to be getting stung watching his mentor's team out-muscle and out-think his during key moments. I'm ok as a supporter with the players wearing a bit of his frustration.

He tried hard, but they definitely sat on him. They knew with Cunners out the ball was not going to be rolling our way as much and that negating Higgo & Polec would curb our offensive transition significantly.

We were done over in the coaches box.

Any lip readers here? I'd love to know what that conversation was between him and Rhyce on the bench.

It wouldn't surprise me if it was about a tackle that Polec had laid a few minutes earlier. Got his arms around the opponent but lacked conviction and the opponent was able to get his arms clear and get a clean possession out.

I'd be interested to see his heatmap in comparison to last year. To the eye, I feel like he is getting a lot more possessions in the back half and kicking less inside 50.

Think it's symptomatic of our issues at the moment. Since the back six aren't offering much by way of rebound, he's finding himself back there a lot more often, which in turn, drags our forwards up the ground and the structure goes out the window.

Would love to see him get involved more forward of center like in the GWS game. More long range goals and some quality delivery to the forwards. We need him up and going again.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd be interested to see his heatmap in comparison to last year. To the eye, I feel like he is getting a lot more possessions in the back half and kicking less inside 50.

Think it's symptomatic of our issues at the moment. Since the back six aren't offering much by way of rebound, he's finding himself back there a lot more often, which in turn, drags our forwards up the ground and the structure goes out the window.

Would love to see him get involved more forward of center like in the GWS game. More long range goals and some quality delivery to the forwards. We need him up and going again.
He was pushing back as much last year I thought. I liked that he was often at our defensive goal square behind the ball providing support.

It's symptomatic of our transition issues that he isn't getting forward as much imo.

As soon as there is any pressure he fumbles. Some deer in headlights stuff.

For a supposed ‘classy user’ his kicking and decision making has been crap all year.

2020 averages:
62% DE
11 Pressure acts
4 turnovers per game.

Coasting is an under statement

Remove this Banner Ad

Back