Player Watch #13: Jared Polec - NMFC exchange pick 11 & 2019 4th rd for Polec, Pittard & #48

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Uncle_Leo

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 15, 2002
Arden Street
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Arsenal, Clippers
damage was done by then

was worst on in the first quarter

like the ruthlessness but it needs to apply to the whole team
Agreed it needs to be applied to the whole time but Polec on Cripps was a recipe for disaster

May as well have had Brown man up on him, same result.

It was poor coaching

Marstermind

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 16, 2004
The Gasometer
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Kangaroos
Agreed it needs to be applied to the whole time but Polec on Cripps was a recipe for disaster

May as well have had Brown man up on him, same result.

It was poor coaching
It was desperate coaching. After having his pants pulled down, possibly costing us the game, Polec responded well, rolled up his sleeves, found some form and got us back in it.

Based on that, dropping him is bad coaching.

Dan

Well you know...
Mar 21, 2010
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Bali 6's, Dorothy Mantooth
Tag role I didn't think much of......thinking the coach wanted to try something different. But being dropped after being arguably our best last week......something stinks.

His overall form compared to last year isn't quite there but who's is?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Only Forwards

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 14, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Didn’t Polec keep Cripps 2 possessions in the first qrt?
Cripps got half his touches and 3 of 5 ofhis score involvements when they kicked 5.1in the first.

Honestly if we play our wing on wing and defense first center square mid in the center square in the first quarter, we win the game.

He's either a certified genius or an authentic wacko.

Val Keating

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 27, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I have no issue with Shaw breaking eggs.

As a club the stench of stupidity will linger if there's a rift between coach and player and we take unders on Mr would be going to a fourth club.
Nah. Pretty sure we front ended his contract so he can just suck it up if that’s the case.

Personally I don’t think there’s much in it. Just a little clip before we head into a condensed fixture.

Only Forwards

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 14, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Nah. Pretty sure we front ended his contract so he can just suck it up if that’s the case.

Personally I don’t think there’s much in it. Just a little clip before we head into a condensed fixture.
Frontloading creates an incentive to leave if he's a merc.

I have no understanding of the relationship nuances between Shaw and Jared. It's likely No one on here does.

Val Keating

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 27, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Frontloading creates an incentive to leave if he's a merc.

I have no understanding of the relationship nuances between Shaw and Jared. It's likely No one on here does.
Getting deep into the woods a bit, but there’s no way I’d let a player leave if they decided to fleece the club because they’ve already earned most of the coin. I’d rather play them in the 2’s on principle.

Not suggesting that’s even on the cards with Polec, just discussing the hypothetical of a player wanting to leave after a front ended contract.

Top Bottom