Past #13: Jared Polec - delisted end '21 - redrafted w/ #1 in '21 RD - re-delisted end '22 - 42 NM games/20 NM goals

Remove this Banner Ad

He's busting his guts, but I don't think he's responding well with what Rhyce wants.

I actually question if Rhyce is utilising maximally.
Given that he played on Cripps for an entire ******* quarter and somehow ended up on the most explosive mid in the comp when the game was in the balance tonight, yeah, you're probably right on

Real problems here with Polec.

Clearly just not working between him and Shawry.

He has 3 years left on his contract - good clubs would like him as icing so its something that may have to be considered.

Disappointing really - Teague gives him second best on ground - Shawry drops him. That will kill anyone's confidence.

Not sure - watch this space I suspect. We get offered a top 20 pick he might be goneski given we have paid alot of his contract all ready.

I'm going to back him up a bit here. We screamed out for a pure offensive outside player, and that's what we drafted. He thrives in that environment.

I am clueless as to what Rhyce is trying to do with him, but we're not getting maximum value out of what he brings, and I reckon some of that is on Rhyce.

Only runs one way and doesn’t pay any respect to his direct opponent. I get the feeling Shaw is putting him on guys like Cripps ect to see if he can improve his accountability.

Also doesn’t help that his kicking and decision making has gone to s**t too. Another game where he has gone sub 60% DE. That’s not on for a bloke who is meant to be elite on the outside.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Needs to play on the wing. To play with intent and deliver the ball longer to good positions. Maybe there’s more pressure on him to deliver by foot because of the lack of good foot skills throughout the team.
Doesn’t seem to know what a shepherd is...

I'm going to back him up a bit here. We screamed out for a pure offensive outside player, and that's what we drafted. He thrives in that environment.

I am clueless as to what Rhyce is trying to do with him, but we're not getting maximum value out of what he brings, and I reckon some of that is on Rhyce.

Agreed. We got what we wanted. And he's good at what he does. Like all outside players he does some s**t that makes you cringe, but it feels like Rhyce may be throwing the baby out with the bath water.

Can someone name me a winger that is hard at it? Seems that they are all soft and probably shouldn’t be utilised as an inside-mid...

I don't see Jared pulling out of contests, and I don't see a rig to win a lot of inside balls either.

You don't put a cheetah in to a pit fight with a Lion.

He doesn't stop & shrug on the inside, he's almost always running, so his balance is compromised when you throw him time & time again in to that situation.

I dunno WTF Rhyce is trying to prove.

I don't see Jared pulling out of contests, and I don't see a rig to win a lot of inside balls either.

You don't put a cheetah in to a pit fight with a Lion.

I dunno WTF Rhyce is trying to prove.

Absolutely agree. He plays his best footy on the outside and that isn’t a coincidence. He is a pure, attacking outside midfielder.

Absolutely agree. He plays his best footy on the outside and that isn’t a coincidence. He is a pure, attacking outside midfielder.

I only wish we had ANOTHER ready to go!

Rhyce doesn't seem to want ANY at the moment.

Only runs one way and doesn’t pay any respect to his direct opponent. I get the feeling Shaw is putting him on guys like Cripps ect to see if he can improve his accountability.

Also doesn’t help that his kicking and decision making has gone to sh*t too. Another game where he has gone sub 60% DE. That’s not on for a bloke who is meant to be elite on the outside.

Those defending Polec and now blaming Shaw (3rd club remember) must not be seeing a clear pattern developing.

I don't think he's elite anywhere to be honest compared to the best.

Polec is the type of player whose game style would be more suited to a top 4 contender not struggling outfit like us.
Unfortunately we’re stuck with him in a rebuild phase and it will be frustrating as hell watching him go through the motions collecting his paycheck over the next few years.

How long until the list is in a place where a pure offensive outsider is actually a luxury we can afford though? Shaw's approach is possibly costing us a bit on field, but is he wrong to be challenging Polec to be more dynamic when he has such stark deficiencies?

Polec is the type of player whose game style would be more suited to a top 4 contender not struggling outfit like us.
Unfortunately we’re stuck with him in a rebuild phase and it will be frustrating as hell watching him go through the motions collecting his paycheck over the next few years.

He’s perfect for what we thought we were when got him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back