Past #13: Jared Polec - delisted end '21 - redrafted w/ #1 in '21 RD - re-delisted end '22 - 42 NM games/20 NM goals

Remove this Banner Ad

Maybe just stick to facts and remove opinion.
Fact - was given a 3 year contract.

Fact - served 1.

Fact - ended up at the worst club in the history of afl/vfl.

Add the 3 facts up and the maths is compelling.

Maybe just stick to facts and remove opinion......

Add the 3 facts up and the maths is compelling.

Jul 26, 2007
The Tree
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Arsenal, Coney Island Warriors
The S.A clubs are hoping to get bailed out by this years draft lol.

Will be hilarious if Carlton does the deal with Gold Coast that sees them get pick 1 and Carlton drafts Lukosius and Rozee. Saints are balls deep in Rankine so all those machinations to get higher in the draft will be for nought.

Hawks supporters have got nothing to complain about. Hawthorn threatened Burton with a year in the VFL if he didn't agree to the trade. Their "family club" ethos is all bullshit. They are ruthless.[/QUOTE said:
now your just making s**t up.

he was never “threatened” to be left in the vfl.

Jul 11, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
2m0bhe.jpg

Waussie

Premiership Player
Nov 26, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
This one still burns for me but just wanted to chip in here.

Honestly you guys have picked up a champ here. As much as it hurts you guys have smashed us in this trade and he will repay you 10x over in your system next year. Probably pretty close to the most underrated player in the AFL.

Spent most of my life hating North Melbourne but between Emma Kearney moving to your AFLW team and Polly to your AFL side North will just about be my second team for 2019. Wish you all luck (except when you are playing us).
Thanks mate. Not much consilation, but you guys have recruited Jarrod Schofield as an assistant coach, now that is a massive pick up. The best WAFL coach in a long time. Got Subiaco to multiple grand finals and left there a premiership coach and set up one of the best development programs around. He'll be an AFL coach in no time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

RHLK

Club Legend
Aug 3, 2009
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Subiaco
Thanks mate. Not much consilation, but you guys have recruited Jarrod Schofield as an assistant coach, now that is a massive pick up. The best WAFL coach in a long time. Got Subiaco to multiple grand finals and left there a premiership coach and set up one of the best development programs around. He'll be an AFL coach in no time.

Best since Germo.

Germo Subi.jpg

EskimoPAFC

The Comebacks & Family Man
Dec 17, 2017
Success without Premierships
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

Yeah couldn't agree more. Montgomery is a decent pick up too on the strategic side.

WesternRoo

Club Legend
Apr 4, 2007
Wattleup Stadium
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Club Oz Cougars

What a load of nonsense I say respectfully Waussie.

Subiaco won games because they cheat the salary cap and have more money to pay players they poach from other clubs or have just left AFL.

They are basically a professional outfit with the resources they have, playing in a declining near amateur comp.

Their grand final opponent was in administration at the time.

Schofield will be a reasonable assistant , but we can’t annoint him any messiah based on the Subiaco farce. Good luck to him, but if this what Port supporters are clinging to after a disastrous off season, it says a lot.

Waussie

Premiership Player
Nov 26, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
What a load of nonsense I say respectfully Waussie.

Subiaco won games because they cheat the salary cap and have more money to pay players they poach from other clubs or have just left AFL.

They are basically a professional outfit with the resources they have, playing in a declining near amateur comp.

Their grand final opponent was in administration at the time.

Schofield will be a reasonable assistant , but we can’t annoint him any messiah based on the Subiaco farce. Good luck to him, but if this what Port supporters are clinging to after a disastrous off season, it says a lot.
Pretty salty Westernroo .... His record stands up for itself. I'll hold off with the I told you so.

marklovesbeer

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 8, 2010
South Adelaide
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
South Adelaide Panthers
Love the Polec trade, BTW.

Jigsaw/missing pieces cliche.
I think the significance of this win has been lost in the Gaff fallout.

I’m very confident this inclusion (& to a lesser extent Hall & Tyson) will go a long way to helping us be a contender.

Browny getting the Sherrin on his tit is going to be a lot less frustrating than bombed on his head.

Likewise Ziebell sitting next to him.

53A660A0-8217-4CD3-81A8-279C9CA1E0C2.jpeg
22FD71C5-DBA9-45E4-8491-F13D4D940EF4.jpeg

Are you saying I made it up about Burton or are you quoting someone else?

It’s fact.

its not a fact.
if you believe that, you believein santa.

not saying you made it up, but whoever you heard it from has nfi.
although he was offered up (and later) for trade, they really did value him, just needed a good young player to get wingard.
it was a real tough decision for the people involved.

but believe what you want.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back