Past #13: Jared Polec - delisted end '21 - redrafted w/ #1 in '21 RD - re-delisted end '22 - 42 NM games/20 NM goals

Remove this Banner Ad

The system is making him a B rated midfielder at the moment. Nothing else. Intent is good and he's damaging when used correctly.

The switch up handball in the middle that resulted in a goal was a piece of brilliance.

I really really don't need to illustrate why we're using Polec incorrectly, when Ricky already showed us with footage with annotations in his assessment at the JLT.

Despite that he's playing well for a man who's drowning underwater by seas of s**t being handed to him from the coaching panel downward.

Buried Hunter in that last quarter. Just killed him going for the loose ball.

Don't know if we changed his position but he did more of the nitty gritty stuff than usually had been allowed by his spacing from contests. One of his best games for the season.

Was definitely going harder at the contest over the weekend.

Was definitely going harder at the contest over the weekend.
It's good to see! That's why he was killing it at Port last year. He wasn't a pure outside/finisher type. All of this year I've watched him wait for the ball to make it's way to him when it's an arm's length away, has been so frustrating because I know he's not soft. Has been badly coached this year.

It's good to see! That's why he was killing it at Port last year. He wasn't a pure outside/finisher type. All of this year I've watched him wait for the ball to make it's way to him when it's an arm's length away, has been so frustrating because I know he's not soft. Has been badly coached this year.

100% agree.

The fact that he (& Hall) have hardly attended any centre bounces is reflective of the poor coaching.

Polec isn't just a wingman, he is actually quite good at breaking tackles and getting clearances

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Buried Hunter in that last quarter. Just killed him going for the loose ball.

Don't know if we changed his role but he did more of the nitty gritty stuff than usually had been allowed by his spacing from contests. One of his best games for the season.
It was lovely to see someone beating Hunter in a one-one in multiple crucial contests.
Best game of Polecs so far.

It's good that he is quite good at doing some things. We are paying him $750,000 per year.

WTF is your problem with him? He's entitled to take what he's offered.

Go back and have a look at the set shot goals he's kicked this year, including at least 3 from outside the boundary. Including the clutch one against Sydney that got us back within a kick. Then list all of the players on our list in the last decade who would have kicked each of these goals.

I'll save you time, here's a complete list:

Jared Polec.

We've been crying out for highly skilled players, and I don't understand the mentality behind potting the one we finally got just because we had to pay the market price to get him out of his current club.

WTF is your problem with him? He's entitled to take what he's offered.

Go back and have a look at the set shot goals he's kicked this year, including at least 3 from outside the boundary. Including the clutch one against Sydney that got us back within a kick. Then list all of the players on our list in the last decade who would have kicked each of these goals.

I'll save you time, here's a complete list:

Jared Polec.
Kieran Harper.

We've been crying out for highly skilled players, and I don't understand the mentality behind potting the one we finally got just because we had to pay the market price to get him out of his current club.

Efa.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back