Past #13: Jared Polec - delisted end '21 - redrafted w/ #1 in '21 RD - re-delisted end '22 - 42 NM games/20 NM goals

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
We have standards do we?

Can't wait for Atley to be carried off after his 300th

The bloke busts his guts for the jumper every week, and is one of a tiny few that has the leg speed to apply defensive pressure.

I only wish we had 3-4 more like him.

The games not just about score involvements.

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 20, 2018
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Looks like this was on the money - sits out this week

"Shaw: For Jared, his body of work hasn’t been up to what we expect. We’ve had the discussion with him and he knows what he needs to work on. Polec is more about his role and playing to that. We have certain standards and behaviours that we judge the team by and everyone stands accountable. Jared’s a great player, and he’ll bounce back. He’ll be involved over the next few weeks."

That would be harsh. Was probably our best on the weekend. I do remember a few rounds back Polec making a tackle that may have gotten him a stat but that's all it did. The tackled player was easily able to free his arms and get the disposal away cleanly. Pretty sure he was on the bench a minute or two later getting some constructive feedback from Shaw.

The bloke busts his guts for the jumper every week, and is one of a tiny few that has the leg speed to apply defensive pressure.

I only wish we had 3-4 more like him.

The games not just about score involvements.

Polec no good last week?

Polec getting dropped is 100% about his defensive application. He has been coasting in that regard this year.

There are still plenty of others who should've been dropped before him though.

At least 7 others should be dropped before him

Back