Past #13: Jared Polec - delisted end '21 - redrafted w/ #1 in '21 RD - re-delisted end '22 - 42 NM games/20 NM goals

Remove this Banner Ad

In 2017 and 2018 the two years before he joined North Polec played 44 games, kicked 20 goals and had 129 tackles.

In 2017 and 2018 Josh Kelly played 40 games, kicked 29 goals and had 238 tackles.

In 2017 and 2018 Andrew Gaff played 43 games, kicked 18 goals and had 105 tackles.

In 2017 and 2018 Trent Dumont played 41 games, kicked 9 goals and had 164 tackles.

In 2017 and 2018 Shaun Atley played 44 games, kicked 27 goals and had 113 tackles.

Performance managed?

Underrated little Zinger from you.

My take FWIW, Jared being the ferocious competitor he is, could not rationalise our foray into the ‘dark arts’ of Football. I’m led to believe ideologically speaking at the very least…. he was unable to come to terms with his inclusion in a team not straining every sinew in its attempt to win games of football.

What a monumental fk up of a signing
Not the worst kept secret he was a weirdo, give him away for free
I think he’s toxic now
Hopefully the last bastion of Scott/ Joyce’s presence at the club

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Are any of these comments about weirdo and not playing team footy substantiated?

He wasn't named therefore he is an idiot and eats his own boogers.

CASE CLOSED.

Ship him off to Carlton, they like shiny new toys.

If Dow is on the table I would take a punt on him providing something more than Polec.

Pay Polecs wage to get the deal done. Helps Carlton free up cap space for Cerra getting a free Polec and dumping Dows contract.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think he’s toxic now

He was a good pickup until Shaw got a hold of him.

I think he’s toxic now

Weird how?

Family orientated guy who's moved away from his family in ADL to be build a home closer to his wife's family in Melbourne and raise a newborn.

Doesn't sound like toxic weirdo personality to me.

Stephenson pissed in his team mates drink bottles at Collingwood, called COVID-19 bs and got his veneers done mid season. Some would probably be more inclined to pass that as 'Weird' and 'Toxic'

a weirdo?

I think some people have jumped at the opportunity to pile on the fella who probably isn't quite match fit after doing his hammy and is seemingly introverted (I'm guessing because he doesn't do north media stuff?).

I think North will stick with him and see how a full preseason goes for him. Its all well and good to say 'trade him' etc but it's not that easy in reality.

His attributes could make him a good weapon in our team. Might just take him a while to adapt to his third coach in, what, 3 years?

Weird how?

Family orientated guy who's moved away from his family in ADL to be build a home closer to his wife's family in Melbourne and raise a newborn.

Doesn't sound like toxic weirdo personality to me.

Stephenson pissed in his team mates drink bottles at Collingwood, called COVID-19 bs and got his veneers done mid season. Some would probably be more inclined to pass that as 'Weird' and 'Toxic'

I’m not questioning his family values and dedication to being a great hubby and the best daddy possible but on the other side of the coin….

Doesn’t invite 1 Port player to his wedding, not 1…I mean really? After 5 years at the club, where he spends so many hours, one person didn’t make the cut, no one endeared themselves to jarred ?

Only came for a bit of extra coin, I remember when he signed, he admitted as much, didn’t want to leave Port, loved Hinkley and Vice versa
He would’ve stayed for the same $$ if they offered him one more year, I don’t forget these things

Yes , clubs have many different characters, and we’re not all cut from the same cloth, I get it, but even the numerous times I’ve seen him at Arden st, during pre season, he only seems to talk to captain Jack. And yes I’ve spoken to enough past and present players, to make the call, he’s weird, and I don’t need to be a psychologist when I get direct references from his peers ( don’t ask for names, that’s Uber/ passenger confidentiality you’re asking me to breach) unlike the smart alecs in here, who think they know, but just speculate.

As far as toxic goes, that was harsh on my part, written in a moment of anger, that part I retract.

Stephenson pissed in his team mates drink bottles at Collingwood
%D1%81%D0%BC%D0%B5%D1%85-%D0%B4%D0%B5%D0%B4%D1%81%D0%BC%D0%B5%D1%91%D1%82%D1%8C%D1%81%D1%8F.gif

How embarrassing worst thing is even trading him we'd be lucky to get a late 3rd pick early 4th pick
I know it’s going to kill me knowing but does anyone remember what we gave up for Polac draft pick wise and in turn who did Port pick up for him ?
Was it Butters & Rowzee ? Or was it the bow & arrow Duursma?!
Please don’t say all of the above ?!☹

I’m not questioning his family values and dedication to being a great hubby and the best daddy possible but on the other side of the coin….

Doesn’t invite 1 Port player to his wedding, not 1…I mean really? After 5 years at the club, where he spends so many hours, one person didn’t make the cut, no one endeared themselves to jarred ?

Only came for a bit of extra coin, I remember when he signed, he admitted as much, didn’t want to leave Port, loved Hinkley and Vice versa
He would’ve stayed for the same $$ if they offered him one more year, I don’t forget these things

Yes , clubs have many different characters, and we’re not all cut from the same cloth, I get it, but even the numerous times I’ve seen him at Arden st, during pre season, he only seems to talk to captain Jack. And yes I’ve spoken to enough past and present players, to make the call, he’s weird, and I don’t need to be a psychologist when I get direct references from his peers ( don’t ask for names, that’s Uber/ passenger confidentiality you’re asking me to breach) unlike the smart alecs in here, who think they know, but just speculate.

As far as toxic goes, that was harsh on my part, written in a moment of anger, that part I retract.

Name names or you are full of s**t.

I know it’s going to kill me knowing but does anyone remember what we gave up for Polac draft pick wise and in turn who did Port pick up for him ?
Was it Butters & Rowzee ? Or was it the bow & arrow Duursma?!
Please don’t say all of the above ?!☹

You are on the internet, you can find out for yourself.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back