Past #13: Jared Polec - delisted end '21 - redrafted w/ #1 in '21 RD - re-delisted end '22 - 42 NM games/20 NM goals

Remove this Banner Ad

damage was done by then

was worst on in the first quarter

like the ruthlessness but it needs to apply to the whole team

Agreed it needs to be applied to the whole time but Polec on Cripps was a recipe for disaster

May as well have had Brown man up on him, same result.

It was poor coaching

Oct 16, 2004
The Gasometer
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Kangaroos
Agreed it needs to be applied to the whole time but Polec on Cripps was a recipe for disaster

May as well have had Brown man up on him, same result.

It was poor coaching

It was desperate coaching. After having his pants pulled down, possibly costing us the game, Polec responded well, rolled up his sleeves, found some form and got us back in it.

Based on that, dropping him is bad coaching.

Tag role I didn't think much of......thinking the coach wanted to try something different. But being dropped after being arguably our best last week......something stinks.

His overall form compared to last year isn't quite there but who's is?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Didn’t Polec keep Cripps 2 possessions in the first qrt?
Cripps got half his touches and 3 of 5 ofhis score involvements when they kicked 5.1in the first.

Honestly if we play our wing on wing and defense first center square mid in the center square in the first quarter, we win the game.

He's either a certified genius or an authentic wacko.

Shaw inherited Scott’s list. Don’t get upset if he breaks a few eggs making his own omelette.

I have no issue with Shaw breaking eggs.

As a club the stench of stupidity will linger if there's a rift between coach and player and we take unders on Mr would be going to a fourth club.

Dec 27, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I have no issue with Shaw breaking eggs.

As a club the stench of stupidity will linger if there's a rift between coach and player and we take unders on Mr would be going to a fourth club.

Nah. Pretty sure we front ended his contract so he can just suck it up if that’s the case.

Personally I don’t think there’s much in it. Just a little clip before we head into a condensed fixture.

Nah. Pretty sure we front ended his contract so he can just suck it up if that’s the case.

Personally I don’t think there’s much in it. Just a little clip before we head into a condensed fixture.

Frontloading creates an incentive to leave if he's a merc.

I have no understanding of the relationship nuances between Shaw and Jared. It's likely No one on here does.

Dec 27, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Frontloading creates an incentive to leave if he's a merc.

I have no understanding of the relationship nuances between Shaw and Jared. It's likely No one on here does.

Getting deep into the woods a bit, but there’s no way I’d let a player leave if they decided to fleece the club because they’ve already earned most of the coin. I’d rather play them in the 2’s on principle.

Not suggesting that’s even on the cards with Polec, just discussing the hypothetical of a player wanting to leave after a front ended contract.

Rad Roo

Premiership Player
Aug 2, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I like it, big drop, set the tone for the team and most important sent a strong message to the 26 -29 y.o players that their come is coming.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back