Past #13: Jared Polec - delisted end '21 - redrafted w/ #1 in '21 RD - re-delisted end '22 - 42 NM games/20 NM goals

RossHenshaw

Club Legend
Sep 12, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
His relation with Shaw broke apart during the year.

Hopefully, Noble the more senior and wiser person could have a more professional working relationship with him.
He won’t be telling Noble that he was “traded in by North to be a only wingman & kick it inside 50 !
Can assure you that 👍

FlyHigh18

Arden St Parking Inspector
May 8, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Exactly this. I was glad Shaw dropped him after ignoring the coach, twice, in the one game.

Weather Shaw's plan was wrong/bad is irrelevant. Take it up with him behind closed doors, not in front of the playing group in the middle of the game.

25 disposals, a goal and a brownlow vote. There was only one person who couldn't handle the situation that game, and it wasn't Polec.

FlyHigh18

Arden St Parking Inspector
May 8, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Really?
No worries then, eh?

😉

look I get the whole “always listen to the coach” thing, but there were many questionable decisions made at a coaching level. Trust would have been pretty low.

I just think a player in that position has a right to question something as dumb as that, rather than being told to simply bend over and take it.

ChoppyGun

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 19, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Polec can play to his strengths sure, but he must also play for the team.

He didn't last year regardless of his fan club excuses which seem never ending.

Hopefully HE steps up, not Noble or anyone else, to deliver on what we paid and expect.

ChoppyGun

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 19, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Polec will be the player who benefits most from our new coaching structure.

He is a very damaging player if allowed to play on his terms and to his strengths.

I am very confident Noble will get the most out of JP.

Let's see first hey.

If so fantastic. For both him and us (the latter all I care about)

Congrats to Jared and Alison on their arrival of their baby boy, Riley.

Screenshot_20201130-224632_Instagram.jpg

Last edited:
Back