Past #13: Jared Polec - delisted end '21 - redrafted w/ #1 in '21 RD - re-delisted end '22 - 42 NM games/20 NM goals

Remove this Banner Ad

Passmore

Brownlow Medallist
May 22, 2001
The Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Norf
“I went into the meeting at about 11:30am and I think I was number 10 to get delisted so going into the meeting I was quietly confident, but Brady Rawlings and Rhyce were the only two in the meeting and dropped the news.

It was quite a shock, but that’s footy unfortunately.

“I’ll be honest I was pretty angry and still a bit dirty, but that’s just the industry, it’s a cutthroat industry and nothing this year went my way I thought.

Righto.

Passmore

Brownlow Medallist
May 22, 2001
The Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Norf
Did he need to say that about Polec in public?

They had to talk about something. I'm guessing that SEN weren't really interested in Durdin.

I reckon Sam has now done more media since he was sacked than he's done in the 6 years of his AFL career.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

ChoppyGun

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 19, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Christ. Why are these delisted players/hacks getting a platform.

Sam, you are not good enough for AFL level. Time to move on.

It's amazing how those delisted had zero interest in the trade market yet somehow still feel aggrieved being removed from the 17th placed team?

Baffling really.

Shows how entitled we've made players feel in the past I suspect, that contracts are just a formality if turn up on time and a good bloke.

Psicosis

Brownlow Medallist
May 7, 2012
Bird Rock
AFL Club
North Melbourne
It's amazing how those delisted had zero interest in the trade market yet somehow feel upset being removed from the 17th placed team?

Baffling really.

Shows how entitled we've made players feel in the past I suspect, that contracts are just a formality if turn up and a good bloke.

Spot on Chop.

It was far too easy to get retained under the previous regime.

Sep 11, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
“I went into the meeting at about 11:30am and I think I was number 10 to get delisted so going into the meeting I was quietly confident, but Brady Rawlings and Rhyce were the only two in the meeting and dropped the news.

It was quite a shock, but that’s footy unfortunately.

“I’ll be honest I was pretty angry and still a bit dirty, but that’s just the industry, it’s a cutthroat industry and nothing this year went my way I thought.

Righto.

Nothing went right for him from the start

It’s almost like these players are deeply cut from the Brad Scott cloth. “He will never drop me” mentality

Sep 11, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
It's amazing how those delisted had zero interest in the trade market yet somehow still feel aggrieved being removed from the 17th placed team?

Baffling really.

Shows how entitled we've made players feel in the past I suspect, that contracts are just a formality if turn up on time and a good bloke.

Exactly. Maybe this further confirms we did the right thing by delist these entitled type players (apart from Jmac and Daw)

Nothing went right for him from the start

It’s almost like these players are deeply cut from the Brad Scott cloth. “He will never drop me” mentality
But he almost never got selected under Scott. Anyway Im sure hell be the next Kardashians or something.

Aug 16, 2009
North Caulfield
AFL Club
North Melbourne
There’s a fair underlying current of the coaching group‘s shortcomings. Different timo and place now, plus a weird year, but I don’t think I’ve ever heard players speak less than glowingly of their club they’ve just departed.

ChoppyGun

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 19, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
There’s a fair underlying current of the coaching group‘s shortcomings. Different timo and place now, plus a weird year, but I don’t think I’ve ever heard players speak less than glowingly of their club they’ve just departed.

Their issue not ours mate.

Most of them we gave second chances or way too many chances to perform so good riddance if they are pissed off.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back