Past #13: Jared Polec - delisted end '21 - redrafted w/ #1 in '21 RD - re-delisted end '22 - 42 NM games/20 NM goals

Jun 4, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
How’d he go in the vfl this week?
I actually don’t miss him.
It’s funny because every since he came to the club we havnt been playing good footy at all.
Hoping for a Hall like Renaissance.
Had a great statline, 30ish disposals, a half dozen tackles, and a goal (I think from intercepting the kickout). Personally thought his kicking should have been better and that he was a bit selfish at times, and I'm not sure why he did it but he got caught holding the ball multiple times because he tried to fend off the tackler and failed. Preferred Laz's game overall tbh.

I honestly believe he wouldn’t get a gig at a top 6 side.

He’d walk into any side in the league.

Get him back under a coach who isn’t a moron and let’s see what he can do.

Bulge

Senior List
Oct 20, 2010
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Polec is the cream, but unfortunately we haven’t baked the cake yet.

I think he is actually at the club at the wrong time, but blame Brad Scott for that one.

He is definitely in our best 22, but is him being in the best 22, best for the long term is the question now?
Absolutely spot on. Best for club and player to part ways end of year I reckon, will be 29 at the beginning of next season so trade him while he still has currency

Sep 21, 2008
Vic
AFL Club
North Melbourne
He’d walk into any side in the league.

Get him back under a coach who isn’t a moron and let’s see what he can do.

Disagree. Polly is a one dimensional wingman, who doesn’t have a accountable bone in his body. His biggest asset is his kicking and if you’d watched the VFL games the last two weeks you’d realise he isn’t making good decisions by foot at the moment.

All of the top sides have wingers that are good two way runners (funny that).

He isn’t getting a game on a wing ahead of any of the following players.

WB - Lachie Hunter, Bailey Smith & Bailey Dale. Definitely not getting a game ahead of any of these guys.

Melbourne - Ed Langdon, Trent Rivers & Angus Brayshaw. Could maybe make a case for Rivers, but Melbourne rate him highly and he runs hard both ways. Classy ball user who plays his always plays his role.

Brisbane - Hugh McCluggage & Mitch Robinson. Won’t get a game here.

Port - Dan Houston, Karl Amon, Miles Bergman. Could make an argument here but the fact is Hinkley wouldn’t pay up for him, hence he was traded to us. Amon/Houston far harder and better defensively

Geelong - Isaac Smith, Mitch Duncan, Sam Menegola & Shaun Higgins. Haha not a chance in front of any of these blokes.

Sydney - Ollie Florent, Callum Mills, James Rowbottom & Nick Blakey. Okay you got me, he’d play ahead of Rowbottom or Blakey but wouldn’t play ahead of anyone else in Sydney’s midfield. I doubt he’d last long up there though as Longmires game plan is based around team first accountability and hard defensive running.

I was at training this morning and Polec was talking to some people I was standing next to. Is ready to go and very hopeful that he'll be on the plane to Perth.

Unrelated, but Will Walker looked completely unhampered out there, and no strapping to be seen.

I was at training this morning and Polec was talking to some people I was standing next to. Is ready to go and very hopeful that he'll be on the plane to Perth.

Unrelated, but Will Walker looked completely unhampered out there, and no strapping to be seen.
Could see him in for bailey but would rather Ford come in

travelli

Club Legend
Mar 4, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Bold statement
Hate from the supporters? Coaching staff don't seem too enamoured either right now.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk
There must be something to the rumours. It's disappointing. If we could have him running down the wing in this game plan we are a better side.

But if he is an @ss, fair enough. Pay him out at the end of the year.

hellas_johnny

Premiership Player
May 26, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
South Melbourne Hellas
Even watching him in the vfl this year he was playing selfish. Calling for the ball in wrong positions trying to take players on and even kicking from impossible angles. Don't think he's the type of player noble would want he's got the skillset great kick and is quick but needs to play team game

Even watching him in the vfl this year he was playing selfish. Calling for the ball in wrong positions trying to take players on and even kicking from impossible angles. Don't think he's the type of player noble would want he's got the skillset great kick and is quick but needs to play team game
I think this unfortunately may be the case. He would be a massive asset if he played as directed.

Back