Past #13: Jared Polec - delisted end '21 - redrafted w/ #1 in '21 RD - re-delisted end '22 - 42 NM games/20 NM goals

Shagga is all Class

Premiership Player
May 15, 2005
Beneath the Blue and White
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
NMFC
I, for one, would be very happy to see Jared’s name on the team list against Carlton. I’d love to see how he’d perform in the team, now that our gameplan/structure is up and going. We need to find out where he’s at. If he performs well, he’ll be worth more if want to offload him.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I agree. Even when we picked him up he averaged 439 metres gained per game in his first year.

People would cream themselves over a single game from another player atm.

He can be used for his strengths in what Noble has managed to put on the park in the last 6-8 weeks.

Hall is one of the biggest 1-2 players in the comp and I am sure Polec would complement that in a possession chain.

ED901328-E8BE-4CB0-A1F2-9178B6DA3D07.png
4EBA41F6-8B11-43EB-8AB7-F42D3B31344C.png

Don't think they will be too worried about rushing him back with the lack of gametime & interruptions. A few more games at the lower levels putting up good numbers should see him landing 1 or 2 games at the end of the year.

Chairman Zia

All Australian
Jul 22, 2021
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I guess Josh is coming after all

A few days ago, this was just a passing phrase but with the new development with billing starting negotiation, intiated from the Billings' side. This says a few things. We north is after a ready made player, a free agent, we are after kelly then billing, if we get kelly then of course billings isn't needed but now that billing is pulling out, one possible explanation is that his camp has some knowledge on kelly hence no point waiting until end of the year alas something happens like an injury or loss of form.

Psicosis

Brownlow Medallist
May 7, 2012
Bird Rock
AFL Club
North Melbourne
No ITK, but this appears to me a matter of buy in. Nobes is building a list of competitive players that will do anything for each other. It is clear whenever the young guys talk about him & where they believe the club is going. Nothing against Jared, but he isn’t that IMO.

Where it gets interesting, is that Polec is contracted for next year.

Firebat

Premium Platinum
Feb 23, 2010
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
C's
Rather than trade him I'd like to see him in our new game plan. I don't think he's played under a stable regime for a long time. I think he'd benefit with our new look midfield - just give him simple instruction to find our forwards on the lead and dont completely ignore defensive running.

Fingers crossed he can put a few games together and show us something. Otherwise you get the sense his time will be limited.

Chairman Zia

All Australian
Jul 22, 2021
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Rather than trade him I'd like to see him in our new game plan. I don't think he's played under a stable regime for a long time. I think he'd benefit with our new look midfield - just give him simple instruction to find our forwards on the lead and dont completely ignore defensive running.

Fingers crossed he can put a few games together and show us something. Otherwise you get the sense his time will be limited.

Well, i suppose this is his moment to become 'great'. Quite often this term is bantered around like cheap candies but what is real greatness? I believe greatness is the ability to transcend one's own limitation and fear to become more than what they used to be. Of course, there are those rare individuals who could inspire us to do that and they are called Prophets, Messiahs and Gods.

This is polec's moment, i believe each person has this 'moment' where if he seizes it with both hand, he will flourish otherwise he will flounder. He adjusted well in 2019 but due to a new coach and then covid, wheels fell off. He needs to put them back on and start driving again.

Polec well fully fit and in rhythm is one of our most potent weapon.

Well, i suppose this is his moment to become 'great'. Quite often this term is bantered around like cheap candies but what is real greatness? I believe greatness is the ability to transcend one's own limitation and fear to become more than what they used to be. Of course, there are those rare individuals who could inspire us to do that and they are called Prophets, Messiahs and Gods.

This is polec's moment, i believe each person has this 'moment' where if he seizes it with both hand, he will flourish otherwise he will flounder. He adjusted well in 2019 but due to a new coach and then covid, wheels fell off. He needs to put them back on and start driving again.

Polec well fully fit and in rhythm is one of our most potent weapon.

I am a cynic but if he is still at North next year Jared will perform like he did in his first year at the club.
Final year of contract does amazing things to certain players (was told this also by afl person been in the industry a long time).

Last edited:
Back