Traded 13. Lachlan Fogarty (2018 -2020)

Remove this Banner Ad

Some things don't have to be learnt, averaged almost 6 marks a game as a bottom ager coming back from 10 months off in 2016, will be a player.

He also only averaged six disposals and two marks at the champs and didn’t kick a single goal.

I’m not going to write Tom McCartin off yet, but I will say I’m glad it’s the Swans that took the punt and not us.

2.89 for 20m when drafted. About the same as dangerfield
Doesn't play particularly quick. Otherwise he wouldn't need to constantly break tackles or roost it forwards.

I'm impressed by his 20m speed though, didn't know he was so elite pre-draft. Pretty sure thats more than 2/10 of a second faster than Danger.

Miers had glandular fever slightly before the combine, not sure how relevant his testing will be in the long term.
It takes a while to recover from Glandular Fever, when all you want to do is sleep. I think it could have affected his performance.

Dead right....but he had all the time in the world. :thumbsu:
Being able to use that time is such an important quality to possess. It's literally a split second, but they take that time to make a good decision. It's so annoying when the deer in the headlights panic hits a player, who handballs to a player beside him, who's also under pressure + a turnover results. Take a pause to find a player to kick to + kick!

Doesn't play particularly quick. Otherwise he wouldn't need to constantly break tackles or roost it forwards.

I'm impressed by his 20m speed though, didn't know he was so elite pre-draft. Pretty sure thats more than 2/10 of a second faster than Danger.

Got that...

Not that I rate his analysis, but this is what Cal Twomey had to say about Fogarty pre-champs:

Lachlan Fogarty
Midfielder
Western Jets/Vic Metro
179cm/75kg
1/4/99

Fogarty is part of a fleet of smaller midfielders in this year's crop, but he is hard working, adept by foot and excellent in distributing the ball by hand. He is the type who can make you look twice at a statistics sheet, often surprised by how much of the ball he has accumulated. That's probably because plenty of his work is done in congested situations. He was one of the NAB AFL Academy's best players against VFL side the Northern Blues in April, gathering 17 touches and seven tackles.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And that's how it's pronounced, so yea it is.

As I posted in the tweet above, the Geelong Cats say that the correct pronunciation is "Faux-garty".
I would suggest that young Fogarty told them that the correct pronunciation was "Faux-garty".

As I posted in the tweet above, the Geelong Cats say that the correct pronunciation is "Faux-garty".
I would suggest that young Fogarty told them that the correct pronunciation was "Faux-garty".
So you're in agreeance? Cool.

Fog-arty.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back