Past 13. Lauren Arnell (Priority Pick)

Remove this Banner Ad

Lauren has signed with Brisbane. Good get? Don’t know a hell of a lot about her tbh.

Lauren has a high football IQ, good skill and is a good leader.

her age (31) and speed (Brock Mclean speed) is her downfall. Best position would be inside mid that rest forward

I am sad to see her go but hope she plays as long as she can.

Lauren has signed with Brisbane. Good get? Don’t know a hell of a lot about her tbh.

Oh wow, I'm surprised. Experienced midfielder who knows her way around goal.

She was our inaugural captain and was involved in coaching as well. In and out of the side in her second season and I wondered if she was upset at losing the captaincy to Bri Davey.

Her loss won't affect us too much which probably tells you something but if she can regain her best form, her experience could be valuable for Brisbane. Yeah and pace ... she won't be replacing Ashmore, that's for sure.

Will be more value as a mentor for the younger players. Game seems to have passed her by this season. Probably looking at coaching opportunities as much as playing ones.

Thanks Loz. All the best at Brissy.

Leadership and experience are her strongest attributes. Is there a particular need for that brown dog? Help the team with more composure in the finals?

Do I detect some hedging language there?

'Especially those who continue to provide unwavering support' ... implying some don't.

'Some special teammates and staff' ... not all.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

All the best Loz. Good luck with your next adventure.

Will always be remembered as our first AFLW captain, which is an enormous honour and something she can be very proud of.

Fell off a cliff in AFLW 2.0 so it'll be interesting to see if a move up North rejuvenates her somewhat.

All the best Loz. Good luck with your next adventure.

Will always be remembered as our first AFLW captain, which is an enormous honour and something she can be very proud of.

Fell off a cliff in AFLW 2.0 so it'll be interesting to see if a move up North rejuvenates her somewhat.

I thought most older people move to QLD when they retire......:)

I'm gutted about this one, it's not like we're oozing leadership at the club. She was classy on and off the field and one of our few capable midfielders. I really hope we have some cards up our sleeve in terms of bringing some talent into the middle for next season, because the stocks aren't on the list currently.

I'm gutted about this one, it's not like we're oozing leadership at the club. She was classy on and off the field and one of our few capable midfielders. I really hope we have some cards up our sleeve in terms of bringing some talent into the middle for next season, because the stocks aren't on the list currently.
We only had six capable midfielders last year, and Loz wasn't one of them.

I'm hoping that there's plenty to be extracted out of the pre-season, but you can be sure we're going to go hard for mids, a mature KPD and a mature KPD.

Plenty of signing and drafting to be done though.

I'm thrilled for her, and despite us thinking she was done 3 years ago, she's actually played some of her best football for Brisbane. Proved us wrong.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back