Past #13. Leigh Adams - coached SthCroydon to '17 flag - 18-19 COburg VFL coach

Remove this Banner Ad

Just heard this on MMM.

Hope he retires ASAP. Its not worth risking his health, possibly his life, to come back from this. If Jono Brown can admit it hurts too much then so can Leigh.

There will be coaching roles, media jobs etc out there. He could even get work for the AFL going to clubs and talking about concussion to players, explaining the risks etc.

All the best to him, whichever way he goes.
Enough is enough.

Needs to look after himself.

Time to hang them up.
Have to agree, time for Adams to give the game away and look after his long term health, not worth it anymore.

Like someone said before give him a off-field role with the club if he wants to transition him out of football

He plays footy, he's gonna get hit in the head. Simple.

Just saw this on AFL.com.au.

Life can be ******* unfair to some.

This is just sad. The bloke was considering retiring because of concussion related depression and the number of knocks he's taken, and just as he's on the path back (a path he's taking bloody well) this s**t happens again.

The real issue is we just do not know how much damage the brain can take, let alone how much it has already taken. We are so naive in regards to the brain still. 3 head knocks last year. 2 this year. MMA fighters generally don't even fight 5 times a year, let alone suffer concussion that many times in a year any more (the exception being some of the neanderthals who think the only way to train is to train like you fight). 5 concussions in under a year? Sorry, but unless they are able to get an expert to come out and say 'she'll be right mate', then I just can't accept us allowing Patch to further risk himself, even if that's wast he wants to do.

Yep, time for Patch to call it quits. Very unfortunate indeed and I for one will be very sorry to see him go. But the risk now is far too great.

I actually think it won't be long before a number of players will be considering wearing some sort of helmet. The pace and intensity of the game, seems to build every year and I watch some contests fearing for the outcome of all players as they throw themselves almost maniacally at the pill. .

That will be it for Patch I think. He was feeling unwell after copping a knock on Sunday and he is going to continue to cop hits if he continues to play regardless of the level. For his own wellbeing he should give it away. Will miss this week and take advantage of the bye for another week off.

That will be it for Patch I think. He was feeling unwell after copping a knock on Sunday and he is going to continue to cop hits if he continues to play regardless of the level. For his own wellbeing he should give it away. Will miss this week and take advantage of the bye for another week off.
Sadly, it looks like it.

Sadly, it looks like it.
Yeah, very much a shinboner is Patch. Earned everything he got but the price is becoming too great now.

He will be missed but the time is right.

Reluctantly, have to say that it appears it is just about time for Patch to put the cue in the rack, for his own well being and future, a great servant of the club, and has given his all, will never forgive Judd for chickenwinging him, i think he will make a fine assistant coach if he wants to go down that track, muchos respectos Patch :thumbsu::footy::thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Listen to me just listen now
I've got something to say to you
One thing I know, I've got good eyes
I don't like what I see
Just like a V8 under the hood
Of a car made of nails and wood
Your big heart's gonna break your little body

You light the lamp, I follow you down
I stand right by your side
Out in the dark, it's bitter, it's cold
I don't much like this ride
Sometimes the motor never can stop
Sometimes the wine overrunneth the cup

Everyone's asleep, you're still awake
You know you give more than I can take

(Couldn't find a video, but that song comes to mind whenever I think of Patch lately).

:( poor patchy.

shoulders, knees all buggered. Now his noggin cops a floggin.

Bloke is as tough as they come, I'd imagine it would be pretty hard for him to give it away considering how hard he busted his ass for it.

Hopefully gets a gig in the footy industry.

All the best Patchy.

Too brave for his own good. I hope he retires for his own sake.

He might find himself a nice coaching role at Essendon, teaching Heppell how to not back out of a contest.

Really sad to hear about patch copping another head knock.

For your own sake please do what's best for you. You've given your all for NMFC and owe us nothing. Look after yourself.

Best of luck to a real champion.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back