Past #13. Leigh Adams - coached SthCroydon to '17 flag - 18-19 COburg VFL coach

Remove this Banner Ad

Was one of my favourite players.

Me too
Followed his career closely from Vic metro captain rookie listing knee reco tassie devil b+f senior listing heart surgery and sad retirement

Wasn't athletically gifted but knew how to play the game well and got the best out of himself

A seriously underrated shinboner

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Was one of my favourite players.

Me too
Followed his career closely from Vic metro captain rookie listing knee reco tassie devil b+f senior listing heart surgery and sad retirement

Wasn't athletically gifted but knew how to play the game well and got the best out of himself

A seriously underrated shinboner

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Was at Bayswater Oval today. Amazing performance by South Croydon as massive underdogs against Vermont who'd only lost once during the year and had beaten the Dogs 3 times including by 12 goals a fortnight ago. Sensational coaching from Patch.

21688351_1674706922541054_5280580625787578995_o.jpg

Remember that period in like... 2012 (?) where Leigh Adams somehow became our best player? I'd never heard the word barometer used so much for an ordinary player. Don't get me wrong, I love Patch, but the fact that he popped up and bizarrely became a gun for a few months was crazy.

Remember that period in like... 2012 (?) where Leigh Adams somehow became our best player? I'd never heard the word barometer used so much for an ordinary player. Don't get me wrong, I love Patch, but the fact that he popped up and bizarrely became a gun for a few months was crazy.

Got injured just before the 2012 Finals when he was at his best. Then, in 2014, he played every H&A game only to be concussed in the last round, lose his spot and never play again. In fact, he's the only NMFC player since 1971 to play 100 games for the club but never participate in a final. This makes him the only NMFC ever to play 100 games, 0 finals, but play in more wins than losses in his career (W55 D1 L48)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Its funny....he was on SEN last night on Paul Daff's segment and he was saying he didnt really know what he was doing and just went with it.

And now he's coaching Coburg next year. With s**t luck in his playing career so glad he is getting good luck with his coaching.

South Croydon Bulldogs lose premiership coach Leigh Adams to VFL club Coburg
Toby Prime, Leader
an hour ago

SOUTH Croydon premiership coach Leigh Adams is leaving the club to coach VFL club Coburg just a week after taking the Bulldogs to their maiden Eastern Football League Division 1 flag.

South Croydon announced on Thursday night that Adams would enter the VFL coaching ranks in 2018, despite signing a one-year contract extension at Cheong Park in July.

BULLDOGS STUN EAGLES TO COMPLETE FAIRYTALE FLAG

18615628393b00aecc8d84e2a0bb104e

South Croydon coach Leigh Adams congratulated after the team won the flag on Saturday. Picture: Hamish Blair

Today he was confirmed as the new coach of Coburg, replacing Peter German.

“It is with mixed emotions that we announce that our much loved coach Leigh Adams has accepted a VFL senior coaching position,” the Bulldogs said in a statement.

“South Croydon is grateful to Leigh for his professionalism during his tenure at our club and his commitment to developing our players.

ROO BOY PATCH ADAMS TO COACH BULLDOGS

“Although Leigh had recently signed on for 2018 the club is supportive of Leigh and his decision.”

South Croydon secretary Vince Cali commented online: “Have to say in a week that’s been this club’s greatest moment, the timing of this has been a little hard to take but I wish you the best as you pursue your dream.

“Thank you for what you have done for our community club.”

c03d2c104a7e885402309d5d9e0d28d7

South Croydon players wished Adams well on the club’s Facebook page.

“Thank you for giving your all to our club,” Dylan Marshall said.

“Thanks for everything Leigh … thanks for all the good energies,” Frank Anderson said.

Coburg general manager Sebastian Spagnuolo said: “The Coburg Football Club is extremely pleased to announce that Leigh Adams will become the senior coach of the Coburg Football Club in the Victorian Football League.

“In 2017, Leigh coached South Croydon to the Eastern Football League Division 1 premiership, which was a tremendous against-the-odds effort, and prior to that he played 104 games and kicked 72 goals for North Melbourne in the AFL between 2007 and 2015.

“Leigh is an AFL level three accredited coach and is part of the AFL’s Next Coach program, which develops aspiring AFL coaches under the guidance of long-time coaching professionals. It also provides him with mentors from within the AFL system.

“Leigh joins the club on a two-year agreement and he cannot wait to get started with our players, coaches and staff.

“Not only do we welcome ‘Patch’ into the Lions family, but also wife Cassie and daughter Audrey too,” Mr Spagnuolo said.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back