Delisted 13. Liam Stocker

Remove this Banner Ad

Stocker comforting JSOS after the final siren pretty much summed up what this game is about. Them two, Weiters and Walsh about the only ones who truly understand what playing for the jumper is about. Always knew I loved young Stock, truly has a heart of gold.
Last year the impression (and some of the early comments) suggested he suffered a loss in the family, so I'm sure he's been great support the last few days.

SOS deserves so much credit for knowing what he wanted when it came to Liam Stocker and having the balls to make the trade. After last year, you’d be excused to think that this might not work out the way we hoped with Liam Stocker but since he’s started playing seniors this year, he’s been one of our hardest and better performers.

The trade also delivered Brodie Kemp and Sam Philp. Hopefully we see Brodie get a couple games in the seniors this year and next year have a better look at Philp. It could turn out to be one of the better trades.

Funny thinking back to all the ridicule that reaction from SOS got online from opposition supporters at the time. Liam Stocker has cemented his spot in the 22.

Last edited:
Article today stating Collingwood are ‘monitoring’ Brody Mihochek after a collision “being flattened” with Liam Stocker.

Liam Stocker - NOT HERE FOR THE BULLSHIT

Last edited:
Have a look at the size of his shoulder/back compared to Owies. Big unit.

69097c7a5366d72a27ef8d7f9b1e1022.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Article today stating Collingwood are ‘monitoring’ Brody Mihochek after a collision “being flattened” with Liam Stocker.

Liam Stocker - NOT HERE FOR THE BULLSHIT

The sound of the thud through my TV speaks without a crowd at the MCG was impressive.

My 4 yo has footy games inside with a soft toy footy. It basically involves him picking up 00s of bruises as he throws himself all over the floorboards while he commentates on his “match”. He screams out the names of the Carlton players he knows as he commentates.

I was beyond thrilled this morning when I heard him scream Stocker as he was hand balling to himself.

PS - he’s actually pretty good. He’ll mark a 10 metre pass, he’ll kick it straight back to me at that distance, he can do a running bounce, handballs, the lot. Turned 4 a month ago. If you dont think, when the time comes and the opportunity arises, that I’m going to instruct him to blatantly draft tamper to end up at Carlton…. Well I dont know what to tell you.

My 4 yo has footy games inside with a soft toy footy. It basically involves him picking up 00s of bruises as he throws himself all over the floorboards while he commentates on his “match”. He screams out the names of the Carlton players he knows as he commentates.

I was beyond thrilled this morning when I heard him scream Stocker as he was hand balling to himself.

PS - he’s actually pretty good. He’ll mark a 10 metre pass, he’ll kick it straight back to me at that distance, he can do a running bounce, handballs, the lot. Turned 4 a month ago. If you dont think, when the time comes and the opportunity arises, that I’m going to instruct him to blatantly draft tamper to end up at Carlton…. Well I dont know what to tell you.
Love it.
Special that your kid is making up his own fun and not glued to a device in the house.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Something that hasn't gotten any attention that on the 6th view (quarantine is boring) is how good Stocker's kick to set up JSOS's screamer. Has the ball at HB, looks up sees Quaynor guarding space on the wing and punches it 3 feet above his head giving the JSOS perfect sit. The kick stood out on a day when we continually put it just over players heads resulting in dropped marks.

Something that hasn't gotten any attention that on the 6th view (quarantine is boring) is how good Stocker's kick to set up JSOS's screamer. Has the ball at HB, looks up sees Quaynor guarding space on the wing and punches it 3 feet above his head giving the JSOS perfect sit. The kick stood out on a day when we continually put it just over players heads resulting in dropped marks.
The little chip in to Zac leading across CHF was a nice piece of work too.

He's running at 83 percent DE, and his vision and disposal is fantastic (long and short options). That said, he's pulled out 1 absolute shocker each game so far.

It's bizarre.

I put it down to him backing himself for the difficult kicks, which I'll take every day of the week from a player who lands them far more often than not.

He's running at 83 percent DE, and his vision and disposal is fantastic (long and short options). That said, he's pulled out 1 absolute shocker each game so far.

It's bizarre.

I put it down to him backing himself for the difficult kicks, which I'll take every day of the week from a player who lands them far more often than not.
At least this weeks didn't cost a goal and was more just lack of connection to H when he kicked it and Noble marked it 20 M clear of H. Was one of the many first half opportunities we squandered

He had a central short option I50 in the clear and could have been in 2 minds what to do.

At least this weeks didn't cost a goal and was more just lack of connection to H when he kicked it and Noble marked it 20 M clear of H. Was one of the many first half opportunities we squandered

He had a central short option I50 in the clear and could have been in 2 minds what to do.

Oh yeah for sure. Like I said, his disposal is fantastic (long and short). He just has that 1 shocker in him every game.

I put it down to backing himself, which I dont mind at all.

It's bizarre.

A warrior who lives and he’s a pure footballer. Love him in the Carlton team .

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app