AFL Player #13: Nik Cox 🦄 - Skipper called him 'the Unicorn' in an interview (confirmed!)

Remove this Banner Ad

Id like to see him play CHF next year

I wouldn't mind seeing him tried both forward and defense to see how he handles both at this level. He's got plenty of time to eventually get settle at either end.

I wouldn't mind seeing him tried both forward and defense to see how he handles both at this level. He's got plenty of time to eventually get settle at either end.
The thing I like about Cox playing fwd is his tenacity and willingness to get his hands dirty. Didn't seem to shirk contests in his first year too much.

If Cox COULD hold down CHF and allow Jones to play more flanker than KP would be a big win structurally as I don't see Harry being a genuine KP CHF type.

The thing I like about Cox playing fwd is his tenacity and willingness to get his hands dirty. Didn't seem to shirk contests in his first year too much.

If Cox COULD hold down CHF and allow Jones to play more flanker than KP would be a big win structurally as I don't see Harry being a genuine KP CHF type.
agree.
Cox was pretty good off both feet too. So get him confident in that too.
still go back to his first game when he took a hawks player head high. dirty yes, but it was nice to see a bombers player step over the line for the first time in however many years.

i'd encourage him to study some Tom Lynch s**t-housery.

Yeah, totally agree

Interesting listening to Mahoney talk about Weids on trade radio he was talking about our forwards and mentioned Nik Cox with the forwards, could be his move next year? Will need to work on his goalkicking

Interesting listening to Mahoney talk about Weids on trade radio he was talking about our forwards and mentioned Nik Cox with the forwards, could be his move next year? Will need to work on his goalkicking
Also mentioned Reid before Cox too.

Should be an interesting year in that regard.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If the rumours are true and we are trying him up forward, who is a similar player to Cox that is currently a gun forward that could be used as a comparison? I’m struggling to think of one.

If the rumours are true and we are trying him up forward, who is a similar player to Cox that is currently a gun forward that could be used as a comparison? I’m struggling to think of one.
Justin Westhoff, or a 200cm Tom Lynch (Adelaide) that use their tanks to push up to the wing in defence, and then become a connector piece through the middle of the field that can also beat their opponent back inside 50 on the attack.

A tall mobile skilful utility who moves between the arcs is his gig. A little different than a wingman. He'd be using size as well to help out the kpps at either end at times in the game depending on the need.
I've only ever seen a handful of rolling utilities who have had all the attributes to do that. The only thing he's missing is urgency, and a little more meat on the bone.
It would be wasting that to kpp him.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back