AFL Player #13: Nik Cox 🦄 - Skipper called him 'the Unicorn' in an interview (confirmed!)

Remove this Banner Ad

The promising thing at the moment is his movement both with and without the ball. He was dancing around guys at 200cm and his field kicking was absurd for someone his size on the run. You can see the ball of clay he is as a prospect and the development team/coaches must have thought it was christmas.

His height advantage is negligible at this point as his lack of muscle and core strength means he isnt quite clunking his contested marks at the moment. But his timing at the ball in the air is solid, and when he gets stronger and holds his marks under physical pressure he will be a nightmare matchup between the arcs with his running power

Just scratching the surface. Hasn’t really unleashed his running power and isn’t really going after the ball the air yet. It’s very pleasing how physical he is prepared to be so early in his career - puts his head over the footy when he needs to.

His ceiling is ridiculous.
Was trying to work out how to articulate my thought about this kid and this is it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2 metres tall
Built like Dustin Fletcher
Kicks both feet like Leon Cameron
Runs like Kouta

Will be like holy amazeballs in a season or two!

Big call but he looks exciting so far.
Feel confident in saying it. Went to the game yesterday and I have never been more impressed in an Essendon draftee.

Kicks both sides of the body beautifully, seems to have more time than others, picks up the footy off the deck like a 5’10 rover all while being 201cm, 18 and hasn’t played footy in 18 months.

This type of player does not come along often. I’m so bloody excited to see how this career develops.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back