AFL Player #13: Nik Cox 🦄 - Skipper called him 'the Unicorn' in an interview (confirmed!)

13 - cox.jpg

Contract Status: Out of contract 2024
My Boy Draft 2024: Pick 6, Rick Ross

Last edited by a moderator:
That's not a great sign
Explains why we brought in a heap of talls rather than putting all our faith in Zerk, and also why Brand almost didn't get selected in the national draft.

fairbump_playon

Premiership Player
Jun 27, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
they have just sent the results to the marketing department who will on send it to the pr department, then the graphic design team, over to the board for approval, on to the social media team - up next, a gif of a camel
And worse still one of those camels that looks the part but can't kick

Ants

Premiership Player
Sep 27, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Essendon
In that video the club posted - there was discussion with Dodo and the Assistant around 22:57.

"Are you happy to take Reid?"

"Y-yeah a-absolutely, that was always the plan wasn't it?"

Translation: We didn't receive any last minute offers so I guess we'll take Reid.
Disagree. My take from the video was that our targeted 3 didn't include Reid. But the plan was to take him if one of the first 3 was gone already. Hence why Adrian had to confirm they were happy with him, but it was still part of the overall plan.

My brother was telling me today that he is good friends with Nick Cox's brother-in-law. That's all in today's news.
My mum lives over the road from Nik and his family. She tells me he's "a lovely boy".

300 games, 15-time AA confirmed.

BrunoV

Brownlow Medallist
May 5, 2009
AFL Club
Essendon
He's going to be a fascinating player to watch develop.

All indications are that he's going to play on a wing / the 7th defender role.

It's a good move for him not to be playing as a KPD or to otherwise be parked at half back. We've got plenty of other players to look at in these roles.

Oct 2, 2012
Adelaide
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Boston Celtics, Miami Dolphins
He's going to be a fascinating player to watch develop.

All indications are that he's going to play on a wing / the 7th defender role.

It's a good move for him not to be playing as a KPD or to otherwise be parked at half back. We've got plenty of other players to look at in these roles.
Agree, use his uniqueness as an x-factor/differential.

Sent from my SM-A515F using Tapatalk

Sep 22, 2011
Your girlfriend's dreams
AFL Club
Essendon
Guy I know was at training last week, had a meeting at the club and those he was meeting with took him out to watch 10 or 15 mins of training, some sort of match simulation.

All he could talk about was this bloke. Just raved about him non stop (he’s not an Essendon supporter). Said he’s an out-and-out freak, could be an Olympic runner if he wanted to be (and he’d know). Can sprint, gut run, jump, kick... all of it.

From everything he said he sounds to me like the perfect modern ruckman. A bit like prime Ryder but more athletic. Jeez I hope we find his position and don’t waste years doing it.

Sep 29, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Bayern Munich
Guy I know was at training last week, had a meeting at the club and those he was meeting with took him out to watch 10 or 15 mins of training, some sort of match simulation.

All he could talk about was this bloke. Just raved about him non stop (he’s not an Essendon supporter). Said he’s an out-and-out freak, could be an Olympic runner if he wanted to be (and he’d know). Can sprint, gut run, jump, kick... all of it.

From everything he said he sounds to me like the perfect modern ruckman. A bit like prime Ryder but more athletic. Jeez I hope we find his position and don’t waste years doing it.
Mark Blicavs is the obvious comp by the sounds of it.
Prime Justin Westhoff is a good floor (200cm link player between the arcs).

Richo 2008 mixed with Blicavs is the prototype for what I feel Cox's most effective position will be.

Oct 2, 2012
Adelaide
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Boston Celtics, Miami Dolphins
Have you seen this guy off either foot?
He’s a class footballer who also
happens to be an athletic freak.

No, no, no, we need more short, fat, slow FOOTBALLERS!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back