Player Watch #13 Oliver Florent - potential 5 time Brownlow winner

(Log in to remove this ad.)

AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Dallas Cowboys/Trail Blazers
Thread starter Moderator #752
Extraordinary. Last night I saw a bloke who took a big step in terms of effort, will, leadership, and impact on the contest, especially physically.

Today I hear about a bloke that can’t kick.

I wonder whether any of you negative nellies ever found a life partner that met the grade.
I had him in my POTY votes this week.

Doesn't change my observation.

caesar88

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Sydney
Calling him Hanners 2.0, a multiple All-Australian, is an insult apparently.
It’s not an insult at all, I just don’t see it. I think Florent is a lot more dynamic. He hits each contest at full pace and then uses that pace to burst away with the ball. Hanners didn’t have that speed and relied pretty much purely on his elite hands and vision to get it out.

I think a more accurate comparison would be Jetta. Florent is playing almost the exact same role as Jetta was around 2013/2014, just without the elite kicking, which I think Florent could improve once he gets more experienced.

MC Bad Genius

Premiership Player
AFL Club
Sydney
The thing that I've noticed about Florent that sets him apart from others is that he always seems to have a bit more space and time to make a better decision with his disposal. Part of that is his physical speed, but the other bigger part is his awareness of what's around him. That's a trait that you're either blessed with or your not and as he develops at this level, I get the feeling it will become even more pronounced.

S120

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Wallabies
The thing that I've noticed about Florent that sets him apart from others is that he always seems to have a bit more space and time to make a better decision with his disposal. Part of that is his physical speed, but the other bigger part is his awareness of what's around him. That's a trait that you're either blessed with or your not and as he develops at this level, I get the feeling it will become even more pronounced.
Hewett's got it too. They can make time and space for themselves really effectively.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Top Bottom