Player Watch #13 Oliver Florent

Remove this Banner Ad

b3ebc66265ef6bd495af79a6160b9352

Oliver Florent
Young speedster Oliver Florent has become a crucial element of coach John Longmire’s team since the Sydney Swans secured him with their first selection at the 2016 AFL Draft. The Victorian has shown glimpses of exhilarating footy on a wing, most memorably when he jagged a runaway goal in Round 4, 2018 to seal a gripping victory for the Swans over the Bulldogs. But Florent, who’s also spent time on the inside of the contest, is determined to continue to grow his game as a hybrid midfielder in 2020.

Oliver Florent
DOB: 22 July 1998
DEBUT: 2017
DRAFT: #11, 2016 National Draft
RECRUITED FROM: Beaumaris (Vic)/Mentone Grammar (Vic)/Sandringham U18

All Ollie needs donis keep playing like he is and have one blinder against a top Melbourne club in Melbourne to get over the line.

If he, say, rips it up next week and kicks a few against the tiggers and has 30 etc they will take extra note.

Tearing Eddies mob a new one on the G helps.

Man I'm such a buzz kill with the rising star, nothing award

and don't want our players winning it because of the additional cap pressure

All Ollie needs donis keep playing like he is and have one blinder against a top Melbourne club in Melbourne to get over the line.

If he, say, rips it up next week and kicks a few against the tiggers and has 30 etc they will take extra note.

Tearing Eddies mob a new one on the G helps.
Aren’t we playing Magpies at SCG this year?...oh you’re talking about playing them in the GF. Carry on.

Aren’t we playing Magpies at SCG this year?...oh you’re talking about playing them in the GF. Carry on.

Norm Smith > Rising Star

Plus I would personally love to watch Eddie's melt over a grand final loss to us.

Norm Smith > Rising Star

Plus I would personally love to watch Eddie's melt over a grand final loss to us.
If that happens you can be assured fat beetroot face WOULD get the academies closed, except for those very worthy NGAs of the southern states!

You guys are getting ahead of yourselves...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You guys are getting ahead of yourselves...

The Norm Smith and premiership and Brownlow hoo-hah is all in good fun.

O Flo being the best contender for the Rising Star and our most damaging mid over the last month and a bit is definitely for real. That's an incredibly positive aspect of our 2018 campaign thus far.

As for the grand final and the flag, I'm not sure anyone on here has us guaranteed to be there except me, and that is only out of a borderline-psychic premonition more so than any hard evidence.

The Norm Smith and premiership and Brownlow hoo-hah is all in good fun.

O Flo being the best contender for the Rising Star and our most damaging mid over the last month and a bit is definitely for real. That's an incredibly positive aspect of our 2018 campaign thus far.

As for the grand final and the flag, I'm not sure anyone on here has us guaranteed to be there except me, and that is only out of a borderline-psychic premonition more so than any hard evidence.

We'll be there in the GF
1 point winners after the siren

As reported on foxfooty.com.au, Sydney made an inquiry for McGovern earlier this year but Swans officials are adamant there has been no serious play for McGovern due to their salary cap squeeze.

As reported on foxfooty.com.au, Sydney made an inquiry for McGovern earlier this year but Swans officials are adamant there has been no serious play for McGovern due to their salary cap squeeze.

To be fair, Florent's upcoming $1.5 million a year contract was always going to make things difficult to bring anyone in

Interesting article on The Roar about our Ollie - written by a Richmond fan no less!!!!
https://www.theroar.com.au/2018/06/26/rising-star-award-go-flo/

If it was based on the first half of the season O Flo would be the deserving winner. But there's an entire half to go, and Florent needs to keep it up, not just for his prospects in that award but also for our chances, as we become more dangerous when he's getting his hands on it plenty.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back