Traded #13: Orazio Fantasia - Off to Carlton as a delisted free agent, scored a 2 year deal?

Would you take Razzle Dazzle back at the Hangar?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Probably true but you can't try and tell others that they're "invested and emotional". That's you. Which is also fine.

If someone likes Dodo does it really matter?
Of course I’m invested and emotionally attached to the club. I love the club. I’m here. I’m ranting. I was expressing understanding of HitW’s mindset. Liking player A or coach B is up to the individual. If others disagree and present a reasonable argument as to why Player A or Coach is is an outright log, that is the very purpose of a discussion forum.

There's an interesting discussion to be had on the merits of drafting skinny kids. Adelaide's analytics work says they're undervalued and hence a good buy if you have the time to build them up - but there's also the big unknown as to whether they can carry the weight they'll need at senior level without breaking down or losing their zip.

Is there enough data on these kids for analytics to be overly valuable? Drafting kids at ~18 in a sport that finds it hard to quantify how valuable players are is extremely difficult.

Mind blowing.
That quote is the very epitome of the catch cry consistently
regurgitated by our members that we’ve “accepted mediocrity”.
A point of view borne of starvation of success.

If being a realist on where we're at as a club yet still trying to find moments of joy in the midst of it, whilst having a dig at Hawthorne while I'm at it makes me a poster boy of mediocrity to you then go for your life.

One might say in turn that your emotional investment purely comes from a viewpoint that success is solely tied to winning however...

He's basically a 70 odd game (and far less durable) Darren Bewick. Sure he's a very good footballer but in terms of skill and output he needs to be an 8-13 guy in a premiership side. Not top 5 or 6 where he sits at Essendon today .

When you start hanging on to a player of this calibre because they are a 'star' you are the new St Kilda.

When you start hanging on to a player of this calibre because they are a 'star' you are the new St Kilda.

On the money. And before you know it you’re not reminiscing about flags, you’re looking back on lost gf’s, individual players and “The Streak”. Ughhh....I feel sick.

May be available against Melbourne, has a fitness test at the end of the week.
The 24-year-old has overcome a low-grade quad strain and will train for the remainder of the week before the club makes the selection call.

“Orazio is tracking really well. He’s now coming into his third week of rehabilitation following that low-grade quad strain,” head of medical services David Rundle said.

“To date, he hasn’t missed a beat, so we expect him to be integrating into training this week and we’ll make those decisions at the end of the week as to whether he’s available for Sunday’s match.”

On the podcast last week he seemed to think he was probably only missing the Sydney game so sounds like he should be fine.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Subject to a fitness test again..
Having returned to group training last week after overcoming a low-grade quad strain, the 24-year-old will again face fitness testing before match committee declare him available for selection.

“Orazio is coming into his fourth week of rehab following a low-grade quad strain. He continues to track well having integrated back in with the group last week,” head of medical services David Rundle said.

“Taking all things into consideration following last week’s main skills session, we felt he would benefit from another week of training before potentially returning to play. A decision on his availability to play Carlton will be made following training tomorrow.”

Assume he failed last weeks fitness test as he wasn’t selected
Was named on the extended bench last week, but failed the fitness test and was withdrawn.

Normally the extended bench becomes the emergencies but they withdrew Fantasia and Heppell and put Laverde and Phillips as the emergencies instead.

Was named on the extended bench last week, but failed the fitness test and was withdrawn.

Normally the extended bench becomes the emergencies but they withdrew Fantasia and Heppell and put Laverde and Phillips as the emergencies instead.
Maybe I’m simplifying it but with his history he’s type of player where we should forget Friday fitness tests and just play him when he’s good to go at start of following week

He’s not a consistent player when he pops in and out of the team. Some hit the ground running but not Raz. Really needs a solid block of games to build form.

I just realised I used to hope that he and Daniher would both be well and dominant ...I haven’t put myself through that for a long while now.

But imagine if!

Back