Traded #13: Orazio Fantasia - Off to Carlton as a delisted free agent, scored a 2 year deal?

Would you take Razzle Dazzle back at the Hangar?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm thinking it's to keep him on the park. Let him just run straight lines. Maybe McKenna can go forward and do the twisting and turning before he effs off. Cahill is coming on soon anyways so who gives a toss, flag's as good as ours.

If playing all of Mckenna, Saad, Fanta and Redman back still leads to us being stagnant out of D50 for so long, what's the point?

Seems so bizarre we never switched him forward.

Has completely lost it. For a player who was so clean and creative he fumbles it every time in traffic and is a major liability and couldn’t tackle his way out of a paper bag.

The move to defence is a little curious - been decent up until tonight and he is competent playing that role.

That said, don’t think we really need him there. Generating run from half back is the least of our issues. Feel like maybe we are playing him there to protect him physically - it’s the difference between jumping into people or having them jump into you. Playing in defence is less taxing on the body.

What a loss if he doesnt return forward - he was potentially a 40-45 goal, AA candidate playing that role. It’s where we need him. At his best hisball handing and play making were genuinely freakish and his finishing was very good. Had the Mercuri like ability to rip a game apart with 15 touches.

Kind of feels like all the injuries may have diminished him. Hope I’m wrong.

Looked clumsy tonight, but not entirely his fault when their mids were given so much time and space to pressure forward. They knew we were creative from the back hslf and worked hard to nullify that. Our mids didn't match them in the middle. The backline carried Redman tonight as well, so that didn'g help. He has been decent back there, but tonight we could have done with swapping him with Towner.

The running straight lines theory could be valid as well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Playing Orazio down back epitomizes what we seem to do a lot, playing players out of position - Langford as a Midfielder, Parish as a Forward and now Orazio as a Defender.

What if, we just played players in their designated positions for once? Just to shake things up.

It’s easier to find the ball at half back (the easiest position on the ground) when you have no confidence/ out of form, than playing as a small forward (the hardest position on the ground).
I understand your reasoning and I like your point of view, I just don't have as much faith in the club making a sensible decision as you do. Refer to my earlier post above about other players playing out of pos - it's a theme in our team. Again though, I hope you're right!

EDIT: I'm a poet and I didn't know it.

Back