Traded #13: Orazio Fantasia - Off to Carlton as a delisted free agent, scored a 2 year deal?

Would you take Razzle Dazzle back at the Hangar?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

there are a number at the club we need to ask some direct questions of

Fantasia - Pick 18
Daniher - Pick 9 and 3
Shiel - Pick 8 & 10
Fantasia decided to stay.

i seem to recall Heppell twisting his ear....for all the good it's done. 12 months later and he's getting his own medicals.
Hindsight again, the possibility of Raz getting over his hip injury and getting a full season in was reason enough to keep him. Like Joe, hasn't worked out at all and we'll probably wish we'd traded him when his value wasn't completely shot.

Hindsight again, the possibility of Raz getting over his hip injury and getting a full season in was reason enough to keep him. Like Joe, hasn't worked out at all and we'll probably wish we'd traded him when his value wasn't completely shot.
standalone - forgiveable.
But this isn't the only time.

Kav wanted to leave. Saints came after Laverde. Lions for McKenna. Swans for Daniher. Port for Raz.

To be fair, his value to Port would be shot but Adelaide are crying out for a player like Raz so I think his value at the Crows would be no different to last year. Early/mid 20's is about right for a player who is a proven top small forward

To be fair, his value to Port would be shot but Adelaide are crying out for a player like Raz so I think his value at the Crows would be no different to last year. Early/mid 20's is about right for a player who is a proven top small forward
I would've thought we'd be lucky to get a pick in the 40's. He has had 3 injury riddled ineffective seasons in a row. 20's would be nice though

Kav wanted to leave. Saints came after Laverde. Lions for McKenna. Swans for Daniher. Port for Raz.
Yep theres definitely a point where you need to let players go, especially when there is a bit of value on the table. Hopefully we can see a bit of change in the clubs mindset with this

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep theres definitely a point where you need to let players go, especially when there is a bit of value on the table. Hopefully we can see a bit of change in the clubs mindset with this
we place far too much emphasis on potential imo.
potential to be good, return from injury, become even more valuable.

We were willing to trade him last year, in fact we were half way down getting a deal done with Port when he backed out of his trade request.

Shocked us just as much as Port. Cant trade a contracted player if he chooses to stay.
Heppell had the conversation. Surely the hierarchy knew about this coffee/brunch
And it was a club decision to lean on him.

we place far too much emphasis on potential imo.
potential to be good, return from injury, become even more valuable.
Yep hence why we pick up players like Johnson, Morgan

If we had balls we would delist moz

And wouldn't we become a soft target for opposition recruiting staff if we let players walk at the first signs of wanting out or trying to pump up their value

And wouldn't we become a soft target for opposition recruiting staff if we let players walk at the first signs of wanting out or trying to pump up their value

Depends on the performance of the list, if the club is performing with guys that want to be there and going out every week and working for one another. Then likely you won’t see too many wanting out anyway.

Who said we were offered 9 and 3 for Daniher?
Dodoro. Said Sydneys final offer was 9 and a future 1st. Even if Sydney wanted a 2nd back that would've been the most we could've possibly got for Joe. If he stays the club will be justified in their decision to hold onto him. He's done nothing this year and if he leaves it'll be a missed opportunity to cash in.

They had 18 and 20, then i think 61 or something like that.

With where raz was then i imagine thats the sort of pick we'd have been looking at
No chance they were giving up that. Best we could’ve hoped for was a future 2nd or a future first with something back, know they had jones to come this year. They ended up giving their future first to Brisbane.

Back