Traded #13: Orazio Fantasia - Off to Carlton as a delisted free agent, scored a 2 year deal?

Would you take Razzle Dazzle back at the Hangar?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

After losing McKenna and Saad, losing another medium defender doesnt sound like good news.
Apart from the fact he's not that good a defender?

Well he is good enough that Rutten and Worsfold continued to pick him, even at the expense of Redman and McKenna at times.

So despite being a favoured whipping boy on this board, clearly he plays his role as a small defender that his coaches like. With our two first choice HB's moving on he actually has some value to keep.

I don't rate him, but think he will at least play his role. While we try to fix the cancer in our club, it's certainly ok to have some players who will just do what is asked of them.

Honestly rather keep Guelfi than JD or Fantasia or McKenna (and the latter 2 were my 2 favourite players).

Nothing will be announced unless he has confirmed interest that is a long way down the road of a firm deal etc IMO. Because he is so injury prone that may be a long way off or never if the Adelaide clubs are scared that he'll never get his body right.

Here here! I'll be on my way :rainbow: :rainbow:
I don't have an issue with you posting on the board. I just don't know why Port supporters are so triggered by the mention of Fantasia when it allows Butters or Rozee to go through the midfield. He won't cost you much and has a lot of talent. I'd also back Port's medical team over ours as well.

Clearly Port have demonstrated that they have a strong list. Fantasia won't change that.

I don't have an issue with you posting on the board. I just don't know why Port supporters are so triggered by the mention of Fantasia when it allows Butters or Rozee to go through the midfield. He won't cost you much and has a lot of talent. I'd also back Port's medical team over ours as well.

Clearly Port have demonstrated that they have a strong list. Fantasia won't change that.

It is a combination of how much we keep on hearing about him and the fact that we (the supporters) didn't want him in the first place. In July, media were saying Wines + a pick for Fantasia was a fair deal which is crazy. We just keep on getting mentioned and that it is starting to nark a few people. Added to that, even last year, he was a very controversial topic on our board. I must admit, the fact that we keep on getting mentioned has me nervous enough to keep an eye on your thread haha. It's nothing personal.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It is a combination of how much we keep on hearing about him and the fact that we (the supporters) didn't want him in the first place. In July, media were saying Wines + a pick for Fantasia was a fair deal which is crazy. We just keep on getting mentioned and that it is starting to nark a few people. Added to that, even last year, he was a very controversial topic on our board. I must admit, the fact that we keep on getting mentioned has me nervous enough to keep an eye on your thread haha. It's nothing personal.
If Port want him, then he isn't really a bad acquisition. He'll be linked to Port because he is from SA and wants to go back home. Our problem is that we have way too many injury prone players so we're probably better off starting again, but he'll be a great player if he can get his body right. I really don't see all the angst.

There's simply no way Port would trade Wines for Fantasia and anything so you guys really shouldn't be paying attention to random journos/posters.

Nothing will be announced unless he has confirmed interest that is a long way down the road of a firm deal etc IMO. Because he is so injury prone that may be a long way off or never if the Adelaide clubs are scared that he'll never get his body right.
Might get injured between now and trade week. 😬

If Port want him, then he isn't really a bad acquisition. He'll be linked to Port because he is from SA and wants to go back home. Our problem is that we have way too many injury prone players so we're probably better off starting again, but he'll be a great player if he can get his body right. I really don't see all the angst.

There's simply no way Port would trade Wines for Fantasia and anything so you guys really shouldn't be paying attention to random journos/posters.

I just don't think he will be cheap. He clearly rates himself. I'd be offering him 250k x 2. Prove your worth so you can load up for one final contract. I just don't see him interested in that, and i'm sure he would be on more than that at Essendon next year. If he can't get his body right, he's a list clogger and worth $0. I don't see why we would waste a spot and a 400k x 3 type deal just to see if someone comes good, especially when we loaded up on small/ med forwards in the draft.

I just don't think he will be cheap. He clearly rates himself. I'd be offering him 250k x 2. Prove your worth so you can load up for one final contract. I just don't see him interested in that, and i'm sure he would be on more than that at Essendon next year. If he can't get his body right, he's a list clogger and worth $0. I don't see why we would waste a spot and a 400k x 3 type deal just to see if someone comes good, especially when we loaded up on small/ med forwards in the draft.
Alright I guess

Fantasia and a future second rounder for Mitch Georgiadis?

Fantasia and a future second rounder for Mitch Georgiadis?
They aren't trading Georgiades after 1 very promising season.

They aren't trading Georgiades after 1 very promising season.
I reckon we could ask the question of Dylan Williams, he seems like the type of kid that will eventually come home. Won’t get many opportunities and extremely talented, would’ve gone top 10 last year if he wasn’t injured. And if they are after Fantasia that’s another spot that will get taken up. What do you think eDPS

I reckon we could ask the question of Dylan Williams, he seems like the type of kid that will eventually come home. Won’t get many opportunities and extremely talented, would’ve gone top 10 last year if he wasn’t injured. And if they are after Fantasia that’s another spot that will get taken up.
Nah. They love Williams (from a bloke who played with him last year).

Back