Traded #13: Orazio Fantasia - Off to Carlton as a delisted free agent, scored a 2 year deal?

Would you take Razzle Dazzle back at the Hangar?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I agree we should probably trade him and definitely should of last year but to shut a door on a player of his quality although injury prone is guaranteed to make him worth fu** all on trade week

We may not really care what we get, likely take a 3rd rounder at this point, Adelaide's 2nd might be a bit more than they want to give, Ports 2nd is going to be close to a 3rd rounder.

We may not really care what we get, likely take a 3rd rounder at this point, Adelaide's 2nd might be a bit more than they want to give, Ports 2nd is going to be close to a 3rd rounder.

id take a pack of chips if they were offered.

even they would be less fragile then his ******* legs are.

I know it goes against the grain but if it was me I'd be holding onto him unless he said he was desperate to get home. He has zero trade value at the moment with plenty of upside. Why not hold onto him for the extra year?
Agreed. Next year won't diminish his trade/FA value if he fails to perform but could substantially increase it

Agreed. Next year won't diminish his trade/FA value if he fails to perform but could substantially increase it
He does not want to be here. They are now leaking comments about his medical treatment. Time to wave goodbye and take what we can get before he breaks down again.

He has to go, should’ve been traded last year. Club needs to be ruthless and grow some balls. If players don’t want to be there you don’t need to try and convince them otherwise, it’s a stain on their character and a flaw in ours. Move on and find players who want to be at this club and have the drive to be a team player, that will drive the culture and help to improve what is clearly a piss poor environment to be in at the moment...

I know it goes against the grain but if it was me I'd be holding onto him unless he said he was desperate to get home. He has zero trade value at the moment with plenty of upside. Why not hold onto him for the extra year?

A) he doesn’t want to be here

B) it’ll mean another player gets cut who maybe does want to be here

And I don’t think there’s plenty of upside, that’s the problem. He’ll just be injured again next year.

Got a mention in Richardson's video on the club site.

Nothing we haven't already canvassed but the fact it was mentioned voluntarily is interesting. Softening the blow perhaps

Dodoro had all but accepted SPP for Orazio last year but then changed his mind to another player at the end. Maybe there is more to it in Orazio not liking Port's offer too. Either way it was horrible judgement by us, thankfully saved by Adrian's pigheadedness.

The whole saga is a shitshow, Port supporters don't want Orazio and Essendon supporters are sick of the circus. With any luck the Crows will throw you an overs pick to "get one over" Port on Day 1 of trade week and we can move on from this boring saga.

Dodoro had all but accepted SPP for Orazio last year but then changed his mind to another player at the end. Maybe there is more to it in Orazio not liking Port's offer too. Either way it was horrible judgement by us, thankfully saved by Adrian's pigheadedness.

The whole saga is a shitshow, Port supporters don't want Orazio and Essendon supporters are sick of the circus. With any luck the Crows will throw you an overs pick to "get one over" Port on Day 1 of trade week and we can move on from this boring saga.
I thought it was more that Raz pulled out, not Dodoro

Fantasia is the one that backflipped. It wasn't Dodoro.

I'm more sick of Port supporters continuously complaining about not wanting Fantasia for a year and a half. You're literally in a prelim. Who cares about what comes in at this point.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It makes no sense for Port not to have interest when they made a play for him last year. Expect a small bidding war between the SA clubs.

Don't mean to intrude but I don't think this is true. As much as clearly there was a disconnect between club and supporters last year (almost noone wanted him), I can't see us interested. We loaded up on forwards in the draft last year. Between Dixon and motlop we have a lot of money in our forward line, and with 2 first rounders in 2018 + 3 top 20 players in the 2019 draft + woodcock (promoted in 2018). There is a narrative that he would take Butters or Rozee's position and they will go into the midfield. Frankly we have too many HBF/HFF flanks that can go mid, so I don't see the need to push anyone out of our forwardline. We also have 5-6 options that clearly we rate. We also need every draft pick we have got. We have a 1st round academy player + a F/S that will go late (in 2020) and we need to clear the deficit from last year + have picks for a likely 1st round f/s next year (and next year is supposed to be another super draft so we probably want to make a play there). I think we have moved on.

Someone has to be in his ear. He can't go back now, so if he he hasn't sought assurances, he's an idiot.

I thought it was more that Raz pulled out, not Dodoro
He saw the writing on the wall with not only Port and Essendon being mismatched on his value but also being underwhelmed with Port's offer; this year was supposed to be that huge year that would line his pockets for the come home contract (and simultaneously his trade value for Essendon).
Thought I read that SPP wasn’t too keen to come over either. Bet you he has no regrets. Reckon the Crows should take the plunge, not that much risk if it doesn’t work and huge upside if it does
SPP was certainly prompted to move on, which was bordering on negligence (particularly after we'd already put Wingard in the "too hard" basket). His success this year should be viewed in spite of our list management, in my opinion.

Indeed Crows are looking for quick wins (and to change the narrative on the one way traffic coming out of their club) so a local boy coming home suits perfectly.
Plenty of draft capital to offer you as well, whereas we'll have spent our first few picks on NGAs. As inept as they are in every other facet, Crows have been shrewd at the trade table in squeezing out overs for their exiting talent so A grade negotiation will be required if it comes to that.
I'm more sick of Port supporters continuously complaining about not wanting Fantasia for a year and a half. You're literally in a prelim. Who cares about what comes in at this point.
Here here! I'll be on my way :rainbow: :rainbow:

Back