Player Watch #13: Orazio Fantasia - Hip surgery, will return to pre-season training in January - 10/9

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seagrave_Holmes

Premiership Player
Jun 8, 2014
Rand McNally
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Australian Test Ball Tampering Team
If he wants to leave I would rather trade him this year instead of 12 months time when he has had another injury interupted season to drive down his price. Maybe Zaka could then fill the breach play out the rest of his contract as a crafty small forward.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

naraku

Team Captain
Sep 9, 2017
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
A.C. Milan
Injured? And here I am thinking that Raz is thinking about ACTUALLY playing finals football next season at power/crows. Ha!

ScrappyCoCo

Premiership Player
Jul 5, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
Certainly injured. People forget when he is going how he makes us so much more dangerous and adds class to our forward line. Takes the team to another level. windyhill may be right though that his body may never stand up.

Lore

Moderator ❀
Dec 14, 2015
AFL Club
Essendon
Certainly injured. People forget when he is going how he makes us so much more dangerous and adds class to our forward line. Takes the team to another level. windyhill may be right though that his body may never stand up.
The way the statement in the press conference reads, whatever is sore will be addressed more completely at season's end. To me that sounds like either surgery or 6 weeks of complete bed rest, either way more serious than soft-tissue injuries tend to be.

Old Campaigner

Premium Gold
Nov 22, 2012
AFL Club
Essendon
The way the statement in the press conference reads, whatever is sore will be addressed more completely at season's end. To me that sounds like either surgery or 6 weeks of complete bed rest, either way more serious than soft-tissue injuries tend to be.
Why on earth would you play someone so clearly hampered?

ScrappyCoCo

Premiership Player
Jul 5, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
I know finals are a possibility but why is he even playing, literally adding zero.

Old Campaigner

Premium Gold
Nov 22, 2012
AFL Club
Essendon
This is football, professional sport. It's very very normal for players to carry injuries into games. He's not the only one in our team and he's definitely not the only one in the league either.
No, but his output while injured is so poor he might as well be put on ice for the rest of the year and give Ham or someone a bit of exposure.

windyhill

Premium Platinum
Feb 4, 2001
East Burwood
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Arsenal
Spot on Scrap. It's a dilemma, he's made for that last day of September, cheeky, get out the back, bury mistakes type of player. Absolute Norm Smith type. Just not with us sadly.

yodellinhank

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 22, 2008
Geelong
AFL Club
Essendon
This is football, professional sport. It's very very normal for players to carry injuries into games. He's not the only one in our team and he's definitely not the only one in the league either.
Is it going to be like JD, fans appealing "why play him" and it gets worse each week until they no longer can play him?

citizen-erased

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 11, 2007
Victoria
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Tottenham, Bayern, Milan
Still very important to our fwd structure.
But he looked hampered last week and his stats and breaking down this week would indicate he isn't clear from whatever it is.

That said, if the right trade came up (Wines/Brad Crouch), i'd take it given the risk he may just move in the near future and he does appear quite injury prone.

Top Bottom