Player Watch #13: Orazio Fantasia - Hip surgery, will return to pre-season training in January - 10/9

Zach Package

Kyle Langfourd
Sep 21, 2012
Parish, Francis
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Piggy Smith, SFG, Heat, Raiders
I can only imagine he has medical advice that he can't really make it any worse and the coaches believe a xx% fit Fanta is better than no Fanta.
That’s exactly what he said in the presser yesterday. Still struggle to think that a bloke playing with no major tendon in his hip can be effective

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Runk

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 12, 2003
under the table
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Not important
I can only imagine he has medical advice that he can't really make it any worse and the coaches believe a xx% fit Fanta is better than no Fanta.
I feel like sometimes these guys have just got to remind themselves of the long term. So many careers get cut short as a result poor injury management and the effects last a lifetime. How many times do you hear about a past player that's had new knees/hips/etc and they're not that old 40's to 50's.

Anyhoo, I guess you've just gotta trust they are getting correct advice don't you?

TheGreatBarryB

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 20, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Texans, Astros, Leeds
Like Raz said though, he can’t run with his usual dash and it effects his change of direction.

Really since it flared up he’s been equal/lesser version of Baguley.

ghostdog

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 18, 2008
gondawanaland
AFL Club
Essendon
I feel like sometimes these guys have just got to remind themselves of the long term. So many careers get cut short as a result poor injury management and the effects last a lifetime. How many times do you hear about a past player that's had new knees/hips/etc and they're not that old 40's to 50's.

Anyhoo, I guess you've just gotta trust they are getting correct advice don't you?
Totally agree. It's why I wouldn't be unhappy to see Ham line up. He kicked the 2 that Raz otherwise would have. Easily as quick, just needs to develop his size and strength to stick tackles. If they ruin Raz we're hurt long term.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Top Bottom