Traded #13: Orazio Fantasia - Off to Carlton as a delisted free agent, scored a 2 year deal?

Would you take Razzle Dazzle back at the Hangar?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

You guys have to remember what level of fitness there is required to perform at this level. After his injury he'd be able to move at 70% of his normal, which would be better than most of us at 100%. Players find it frustrating that they're held back after they feel ready to go. Doctors won't let them play until they can be satisfied that the odds of going at 101% will reinjure the tissue is very low.

I have no doubt he'd be able to smash nearly all of us over 200m right now. He also has a huge fitness base and would easily smash out 5k. However, trying to burn off an AFL defender will see his hamstring pop again.

You guys have to remember what level of fitness there is required to perform at this level. After his injury he'd be able to move at 70% of his normal, which would be better than most of us at 100%. Players find it frustrating that they're held back after they feel ready to go. Doctors won't let them play until they can be satisfied that the odds of going at 101% will reinjure the tissue is very low.

I have no doubt he'd be able to smash nearly all of us over 200m right now. He also has a huge fitness base and would easily smash out 5k. However, trying to burn off an AFL defender will see his hamstring pop again.

Ehh im not sure about that.

If you have done a grade 2 hamstring you arent getting out of a jog over anymore tham 30m.

Yeh, nah.

Looks like he was running :eek: :eek: :eek:

Recovery process seems to be much improved in recent years, even without peptides.

Orazio Fantasia has resumed light running as he continues his recovery from a hamstring injury. The small forward who has booted 38 goals this season injured his hamstring against Carlton and was ruled out for around five to six weeks.

High Performance Manager Justin Crow said the Club would continue to monitor Fantasia’s progress.

Orazio was back doing some jogging and running progressions on Monday,” Crow said. “He’ll run again tomorrow and he’ll keep progressing through his hamstring rehabilitation and we’ll obviously update everyone as we get a better indication on his progress.”
https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/thre...ained-hamstring-5-6-weeks-8-8.1041450/page-72

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Razzle

300x300.jpg

I'd go as far as saying that us being able to do any damage should we make finals is heavily contingent upon whether Fanta can make it back.

Definitely a bit of a barometer, whenever he's kicked 3 or more goals this year, we have won.

If he's doing light running already - you'd think with another 2 and a half weeks to go that he'd get up for a finals game. He might be a little underdone but he's a really good runner and I don't think he'd be too far off the pace.

C'mon Fantasia we really need you!

Since he went down against Carlton, there were several moments where I thought "Raz would slip through and kick a goal there".

He's so important to our side. We haven't kicked above 100 since he left.

Back