Traded #13: Orazio Fantasia - Off to Carlton as a delisted free agent, scored a 2 year deal?

Would you take Razzle Dazzle back at the Hangar?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Is/Was definitely ill. If you can't believe the people posting about it perhaps listen to the podcast and you can hear it from the horse's mouth.

https://player.whooshkaa.com/episode?id=367450

Whether there is something else wrong as well is a possibility, but I'm not going to jump up and down because someone who is clearly ill is withdrawn two weeks in a row due to an illness which usually takes a couple of weeks to recover from.

I thought that I saw him clutch his hamstring (I believe he finished the game on the bench) after he did a zig-zagging run around the boundary in the last quarter vs North Melbourne. I’ve thought ever since that he did a minor hammy, could be completely wrong though. :drunk:

I thought that I saw him clutch his hamstring (I believe he finished the game on the bench) after he did a zig-zagging run around the boundary in the last quarter vs North Melbourne. I’ve thought ever since that he did a minor hammy, could be completely wrong though. :drunk:

If so, I’ll by bother selecting him for Pies

Over his illness now and expected to be available.
Fantasia was a late withdrawal for the second consecutive week before the match against the Cats, but he has since come along in leaps and bounds.

“Raz trained well today, he also got a session in later on the weekend.

“His energy is back, he’s over his illness and we expect him to be available.”
https://www.essendonfc.com.au/news/2019-05-07/dons-cleared-to-play

He is so crucial for us. He actually brings Walla in the game as well.

So many moments where I thought "this is when he comes in" over the last 2 weeks.
You’re absolutely spot on, he brings Walla into the game and makes Joey more effective and the whole forward line more menacing and energised. One of our most crucial players. How do we keep him on the park - or at the very least clone him...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Needs to be fit enough to be in the guts when the game’s on the line. He’s too talented to be just a goalsneak.

I don't think it is necessarily a fitness thing. He is just too small to play meaningful minutes in the guts. He is the smallest football player I've ever seen in real life.

At best he might provide some outside run and link-up. But I cannot see him ever becoming a full-time midfielder.

I don't think it is necessarily a fitness thing. He is just too small to play meaningful minutes in the guts. He is the smallest football player I've ever seen in real life.

At best he might provide some outside run and link-up. But I cannot see him ever becoming a full-time midfielder.
His creativity, burst of speed, and evasiveness in traffic is just what we need when the game needs to be won. He just needs to be at close to full tilt 120 minutes after the coin toss.

If we are wanting to win a close final in the last qtr I’d like to see Stringer, Shiel and Fanta in there with Merrett and McKenna on the wings. You’ve just got to have the burst players in there.

Let's not make this pronunciation of his name a permanent thing.

"Fantasia" as it is read in English is fine, it's actually a cool name that works for him.

It's not "Faterseeeeeya" anyway. It's "Funta-cia" and no one is going to pronounce it well so just stick with what works and what sounds good.

Anyway, hopefully Fantasia can stay on the park for the rest of the year and sort out whatever the problem with his body is. That would be nice.

it’s symptomatic of a larger issue - commentators think that they are the entertainment.

The hubris of BT - he truly believes people are entertained more by his pronounciation of the players’ name than by the actual play of the player themselves.

fantaseeeya sounds ******* stupid and is incorrect anyway

Back