Traded #13: Orazio Fantasia - Off to Carlton as a delisted free agent, scored a 2 year deal?

Would you take Razzle Dazzle back at the Hangar?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

For those that watch the 2's, how is Begley travelling? Fit enough to run out a game yet? Admittedly he's not going to have the same impact as Raz, but on the positive side, he's not Baguley.

More just pointing out we had so many conspiracies going around that the club was lying, it's just an illness if it's just illness he should be playing, so it must be more the club's lying to us.
This is exactly why they kept him out. People get injured when they are sick.

I'm not claiming the club are infallible, I actually think we should revamp our fitness department. I'm simply pointing out that general practice around illness is that injuries occur more often during or after periods of illness.

Obviously he still got injured so it's neither here nor there but it's not exactly surprising when you look at his history. Off limited training he gets injured and when his loads are too high he gets injured. He's been injured first game back from illness. No conspiracy, just standard management of a injury prone player.

Is anything I said particularly wrong? Delusional? Not supported by fact?

Please point it out to me.
Fair play, the conspiracy theorists are guessing just as you are. The line "the experts at the club aren't using illness to hide injury" is not supported by fact.

Starting to become an issue. Two seasons in a row now where his injury issues are hurting us.
The way I see it, we need to learn to win without him, so we may as well look at this as practice. No point being a one man team.

Like you've been saying for awhile, Tippa has to learn to even out the difference between good and bad performances.

We need to bring in someone other that Bags for Raz if we want to ever learn something new and not be forever stuck in purgatory.

The way I see it, we need to learn to win without him, so we may as well look at this as practice. No point being a one man team.

Like you've been saying for awhile, Tippa has to learn to even out the difference between good and bad performances.

We need to bring in someone other that Bags for Raz if we want to ever learn something new and not be forever stuck in purgatory.

Dam straight we do but we know what will happen.:(
I was seriously hoping Begley was going to have a reasonable game on the weekend but he looks like he has hit a bit of a wall the last two weeks.

Raz has that weird, scaled down Brereton type physique....chicken legs and barrel chest (relative to the rest of his body anyway). Looks out of whack.

Couldn’t substantiate it but I’d guess that guys with this shape tend to suffer more soft tissue injuries. As someone else said, Raz is definitely starting to give off a Winderlich vibe.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rich mans Winderlich.

Can imagine he’ll never really be on the park.

Should we possibly consider trading him? I don’t think so given our aversion to risk.

Dam straight we do but we know what will happen.:(
I was seriously hoping Begley was going to have a reasonable game on the weekend but he looks like he has hit a bit of a wall the last two weeks.

Perfect time to bring him in then. Coming in with low confidence he'll play badly so we can drop him immediately to stay the course with a guy who has 10 years experience on him. Even though his output isn't any better, despite the youth and lack of confidence, Baguely will have more presence pointing fingers during the game and lifting spirits after another dispiriting loss!! hehehe

Looking at more like three weeks with this quad injury, so won't be back until after the bye.

One forward who won’t be able to contribute on the scoreboard is Orazio Fantasia, with the club confirming on Monday that the dangerous forward is set for a stint on the sidelines.

Fantasia kicked four goals against Sydney last week, but Crow said the Bombers are likely to be without the 23-year-old until after the mid-season bye.

“Raz was kicking a ball during the game against Sydney and he’s picked up a quadricep strain, it’s an epimysial strain, which means it’s just the surface part of the muscle.

“We’ve set the prognosis at two to three weeks, it’s more likely to be three weeks, which actually means he won’t be available until after the end of the mid-season break.

“We’ll still be tracking him day by day and getting him going as quick as possible.”
https://www.essendonfc.com.au/news/2019-05-14/dons-set-for-forward-boost

Wow that's depressing. He's so integral to the team but he just can't seem to stay fit. Everytime he's out it simply highlights how good he is and how inadequate our replacements are. Honestly we are bloody lucky that Tippa has stayed fit the last couple of years. We don't have a 3rd forward of any great quality.

Not really. In the grand scheme of things it's not a big deal, but if someone explains to how their name is pronounced (regardless of how you think it should be pronounced), and you can't be bothered because it's all a bit hard for you, then what's wrong with people pointing out that you're a bit on a conceited douchebag who clearly has no respect for other people...

Yes names get misprounouced, especially those we are unfamiliar with, but when you're corrected make the effort to get it right.
Well said.

I remember about 15 years ago, Nick Riewoldt saying that his surname was pronounced "Ree-volt", yet most people still seem to say "Ree-wolt".

Back