Traded #13: Orazio Fantasia - Off to Carlton as a delisted free agent, scored a 2 year deal?

Would you take Razzle Dazzle back at the Hangar?

• Total voters
Quad was full of blood and had to be drained according to him when door-stopped the other day. Giving me flashbacks to that thigh injury a couple of weeks ago 🤢

Quad was full of blood and had to be drained according to him when door-stopped the other day. Giving me flashbacks to that thigh injury a couple of weeks ago 🤢
Club needs to employ a vampire it seems :p

Nice of them to hide this news under the positive heading of players returning.

Hey guys, look at all the players returning isn't it great, oh by the way Raz will be out for longer than we told you, but look at all these other guys returning.

Hey guys, look at all the players returning isn't it great, oh by the way Raz will be out for longer than we told you, but look at all these other guys returning.
To be fair Fantasia had an entire article to himself posted two days earlier.. it wasn’t exactly breaking news by the time the injury report came out.

That pitchfork blunt yet?

Bombers36

Premiership Player
Jul 15, 2008
Keilor East
AFL Club
Essendon
Smart management - last played 10th of May so if he comes back after the bye for the game against the Hawks on the 14th June thats over a month between games to get his body ready for the second half of the season. He could very well come back and kick 4 against the Hawks - he's not the sort of player that needs a lot of game time to have a big impact.

Bigjobss

Cancelled
BeanCoiNFT Investor
Apr 7, 2017
AFL Club
Essendon
Still not 100% guaranteed to return this week ****. I hope this guy gets his body sorted long term. Would hate him to be another Winderlich

Looking at more like three weeks with this quad injury, so won't be back until after the bye.

One forward who won’t be able to contribute on the scoreboard is Orazio Fantasia, with the club confirming on Monday that the dangerous forward is set for a stint on the sidelines.

Fantasia kicked four goals against Sydney last week, but Crow said the Bombers are likely to be without the 23-year-old until after the mid-season bye.

“Raz was kicking a ball during the game against Sydney and he’s picked up a quadricep strain, it’s an epimysial strain, which means it’s just the surface part of the muscle.

“We’ve set the prognosis at two to three weeks, it’s more likely to be three weeks, which actually means he won’t be available until after the end of the mid-season break.

“We’ll still be tracking him day by day and getting him going as quick as possible.”

https://www.essendonfc.com.au/news/2019-05-14/dons-set-for-forward-boost

Was originally slated for 2-3 weeks after straining his quad in round 8 (quoted above). It's now looking like 3 weeks might be a little out of reach;

Dangerous forward Orazio Fantasia, who has been on the sidelines since injuring his quad in the club’s narrow loss to Sydney in round eight, is not yet a certainty to be available.

“Orazio Fantasia also trained today, but he still has a couple of boxes to tick to return from that quad injury. He is in the mix, so hopefully he will pull up well and be ready to take on the Hawks.”

Fantasia will get his chance to prove his fitness on Thursday, with the final team to be announced at 5pm that evening.

So he's "in the mix" and "has a couple more boxes to tick" but usually that means he could have played if our game was on Sunday, and in reality we'll have to wait another week.

https://www.essendonfc.com.au/news/2019-06-11/skins-injury-update-rd-13

blitzer

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 27, 2006
House
AFL Club
Essendon
My number 1 wish at the start of 2019 was for this bloke to play every game. He'll be lucky to rack up double digits. I hate to agree with the crowd but Winderlich is a good comparison, although Fantasia is a bit more talented and developed quicker.

Jun 9, 2007
un
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Liverpool
My number 1 wish at the start of 2019 was for this bloke to play every game. He'll be lucky to rack up double digits. I hate to agree with the crowd but Winderlich is a good comparison, although Fantasia is a bit more talented and developed quicker.
...and hasn’t required an operation to repair bulging discs in his back...

Unrelated to this thread, but **** I miss Winderlich

fairbump_playon

Premiership Player
Jun 27, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
I miss the Sheedy days. When he talked about players being "a maybe" he did it to mess with opposition planning - and they generally ended up being late inclusions.

These days "in the mix" means no. Hope i'm wrong this week.

Stringer is The Package. Raz should be called The Difference.

eDPS

Premium Platinum
Nov 4, 2010
Melbourne - Eastern Suburbs
AFL Club
Essendon
535EBCCE-1588-4B70-8D41-1A5094950F0C.jpeg

Liberator

Club Legend
Oct 24, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
I would have knocked Stratton out. Just straight up munted him; not after the 1st or even 5th pinch, but shortly thereafter.
Orazio, you're a classier man than I...

Back