Traded #13: Orazio Fantasia - Off to Carlton as a delisted free agent, scored a 2 year deal?

Would you take Razzle Dazzle back at the Hangar?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Small adductor strain, but possible to play against Gold Coast depending on if he's fit later in the week.
Orazio Fantasia remains a chance to return to Essendon’s line-up to face Gold Coast after being withdrawn from the side against Collingwood last weekend.

Fantasia was replaced by Jake Long last Sunday after sustaining a minor injury at training, but Physical Performance Manager Justin Crow says the damaging forward could still take his place in the team this Saturday.

“Orazio picked up a small adductor strain earlier in the week at training last week, so low grade that we believed there was a chance he might get up for the game last week,” Crow said on the SKINS Injury Update on Wednesday.

“He’s been progressing steadily since then (and) we’ll take him as a day-by-day prospect.

“We won’t be rushing him if he’s not ready, but we’ll be checking him later in the week to see if he’s ready to play this weekend.”
http://www.essendonfc.com.au/news/2018-07-11/skins-injury-update-rd-17

What’s with all the late withdrawals? Are we just playing funny buggers at selection?

Giving Fanta up until the last moment to be fit each week. What would happen if someone else pulled up injured before the game or in the warm up and we've travelled with one emergency that we already knew would be covering Raz, we be stuck a man down or playing an unforgettable Raz and injuring him even further. Amatuer hour.

Giving Fanta up until the last moment to be fit each week. What would happen if someone else pulled up injured before the game or in the warm up and we've travelled with one emergency that we already knew would be covering Raz, we be stuck a man down or playing an unforgettable Raz and injuring him even further. Amatuer hour.
We had Long and Francis and traveling emergencies.

I'd rather not stall Francis's advancement and further delay his recall to the senior side by ensuring he's back in the twos again next week, nor **** around with Fantasia when he's clearly not fit.

If long was picked straight up, Fantasia was on the couch in Melb, francis still would have travelled.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd rather not stall Francis's advancement and further delay his recall to the senior side by ensuring he's back in the twos again next week, nor **** around with Fantasia when he's clearly not fit.
This ******* club. Allowing our most important players every chance to play. Why do we even bother with our physios and conditioning staff when we have psychic supporters who can see he's clearly not fit.
Hopefully we finally wake up and employ the very best psychics, tarot readers and fortune tellers for next year. Oh and the mentalist too, he seems very good at what he does from what I've seen.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do we give him another week off v Freo with Fyfe and Sandilands? Need to ensure he’s good to go following two weeks v Swans and Hawks. I don’t think we beat those sides without him

Worsfold seemed pretty certain that he would be fine for Freo. Said he trained on game day and felt pretty good. So assuming no set backs and you'd think he'd be right for next week. Considering he's been close to playing both weeks I'm pretty OK with that. He's fit he plays.

Bloke is head and shoulders above everyone yet his thread is languishing on the second page two hours after the game is done. Shameful.

His ability to track the ball is insane. Does everything right. Pretty much the perfect player.

Back