Traded #13: Orazio Fantasia - Off to Carlton as a delisted free agent, scored a 2 year deal?

Would you take Razzle Dazzle back at the Hangar?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Can’t speak for everyone but I quite like most ex Essendon players and enjoy when they do well and am disappointed when they are injured.
Much the same. Never wish injury on anyone, more of a point that his injury concerns have certainly carried over

Can’t speak for everyone but I quite like most ex Essendon players and enjoy when they do well and am disappointed when they are injured.
I don’t wish ill on any other ex player either, but Raz had emotionally checked out of the club long before he left, so I’m far from inclined to be focused on his misfortune & would rather worry about those on our own list.

How’s Paddy Ryder’s hammy coming along? Really enjoyed following him at Port & hope he’s got a bit left in the tank for the Sainters…🤞
This is the melt we didn't know we needed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He didn't leave on bad terms.

We didn't get peak Raz value for him but it doesn't seem like he will ever get back to that level.
Got a half arsed final year though..maybe even last two years

Apparently the first return from injury lasted 30 seconds and the second one less than 1 game before further setbacks.

Hope he gets back but it just illustrates that you have to be willing to move injury plagued players on. With some players it’s just never ending.
He's expected to play this week.

For me Raz will remain one of our great what ifs of the 2015-onwards era, indeed of the last 20 years.

Go back and watch highlights of him from 2016-17, he was a gun in the making. He is one of the most gifted players we had walk through the door in the past 20 years, he had a lithe athleticism and slipperiness that was genuinely Mercuri-like.

Ultimately, his body just hasn't been kind to him and I suspect by now the player he was and was building into (that is, one of the genuine elite of the competition) is gone; that much injury doesn't come without permanent curbing.

How long will Port even persist with him, at this point?

Less than no impact last week and left out again.

As gifted a one touch player as you are ever likely to see but his career has lurched from one misfortune to the next and he looks to be going out without a whimper if this continues.

Less than no impact last week and left out again.

As gifted a one touch player as you are ever likely to see but his career has lurched from one misfortune to the next and he looks to be going out without a whimper if this continues.
Turned him into caldwell more or less.

Back