Traded #13: Orazio Fantasia - Off to Carlton as a delisted free agent, scored a 2 year deal?

Would you take Razzle Dazzle back at the Hangar?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Marc McGowan was on SEN acting completely shocked and outraged at how people had jumped to the wrong conclusion from his article.

As if it wasn't purposefully written to lead people to that wrong conclusion for maximum clicks/shares etc.
He’d feel like a right tit right now

Everyone else should feel like a tit according to him

He knew damn well what his s**t article would do, then pisses and moans he didn’t actually say anything.

Typical journo w***er.

Rate Fantasia as a pick between 15 and 20 - Ask for Port's first rounder and ask give them back a second rounder ( we have two ) - Gets us back into the first round of the draft.

And I read more about Jack Martin - GC have given him lots of freedom within their regimented playing system and he's hardly delivered - He's not as good as some believe.

Rate Fantasia as a pick between 15 and 20 - Ask for Port's first rounder and ask give them back a second rounder ( we have two ) - Gets us back into the first round of the draft.
If he did want to go, that wouldnt be enough for us in my opinion. Hes contracted til the end of 2021 so we would have the upper hand in negotiations. We've got a bit of youth on the list, and i would actually prefer an established player while Hooker and Hurley have still got footy in them. Wines straight swap seems about right. But Raz wants to stay so doesnt matter.

If he’s going to leave in the future why not trade him now when his stock is high ?

I'd be putting that to him now. Port have a lot of suitable and potentially gettable commodities. Wines not as popular as he once was and SPP currently out of favour, would put the feelers out for Duursma as well see if he wants to come back to Victoria, as well as the promising NSW boy Marshall who they've favoured Ladhams over in recent weeks.

I'd be putting that to him now. Port have a lot of suitable and potentially gettable commodities. Wines not as popular as he once was and SPP currently out of favour, would put the feelers out for Duursma as well see if he wants to come back to Victoria, as well as the promising NSW boy Marshall who they've favoured Ladhams over in recent weeks.
Willem Drew would be the one for me.
Victorian boy who is a big bodied inside mid with decent footskills and has some good exposed form this year.

He is behind Wines, Rockliff, Boak and probably SPP, so would likelt be gettable as opposed to Duursma or Wines who are both in the side.

IF HE DOES GO: Drew and Pick 10 for Fanta and a future 3rd.
Fanta is contracted for 2 more years, so we hold the whip.

With the most recent media coverage he doesnt go though.

Fantasia is arguably the most popular guy in our list, he has played an integral role in winning guys like Smith, Shiel and Stringer over to our club due to his character. If he leaves the playing group will be gutted ie like Betts leaving Carlton. He also epitomise’s our run and gun style of footy. Don’t worry about draft pick compensation, the hole he would leave culturally would be significant.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So are we still sending the nudes?

I'll need to dust off my blond wig.
The mental image of the Iron Shiek with a blonde wig on, screaming "GO **** YOURSELF" at the camera is something I can't quite seem to get out of my head now

In review of the news, both Orazio and the club have played this well. If he wants to go now, awesome, Essendon maybe has a first rounder to play in a very strong draft. If not, we will go around again in 12 months time.

I have no doubt also he will assess where the club and where Port/Adelaide are in two years time. If Essendon are close to a flag, like we are expecting, I would expect him to sign. If we have made no progress, or gone backwards, then he is on the way home.

Personally, my value of trading has changed based on what other clubs have done. If a player wants to move, fine, let’s get the maximum value for him, right away. Don’t pay overs when we can cash in now. I think, in the past, we have held onto players we like for too long. Dean Solomon is a prime example of that.

He won't go. Although Raz isn't dumb.

As a player, you do love your club, but you also have to make sure you have enough ammo for a future contract extension and the $$ for it too. Thus, he is smart to not give too much away during his denial of the rumours, because it helps his case if he were to ever come to negotiations in the future.

'Bout the same thing as not letting a gf all walk over you as if you don't know your worth. You have to show love, but also keep her on her toes for extra brownie points.

In review of the news, both Orazio and the club have played this well. If he wants to go now, awesome, Essendon maybe has a first rounder to play in a very strong draft. If not, we will go around again in 12 months time.

I have no doubt also he will assess where the club and where Port/Adelaide are in two years time. If Essendon are close to a flag, like we are expecting, I would expect him to sign. If we have made no progress, or gone backwards, then he is on the way home.

Personally, my value of trading has changed based on what other clubs have done. If a player wants to move, fine, let’s get the maximum value for him, right away. Don’t pay overs when we can cash in now. I think, in the past, we have held onto players we like for too long. Dean Solomon is a prime example of that.
This draft isn't strong. It’s similar to the Kavanagh draft. Last year's was stronger

Back